SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Semis: #1 Weber vs #5 UND (3/11 7:35)

SWSiouxMN

15 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

14 ft step back jump shot ok shot but still tough....Geno created that shot  of his dribble drive ...not a straight up open mid range jumper... I would have played Seales instead Adam late and put in Josh on last set to cover Senglin.

Right. But at the same time, Senglin's shot was a 22 foot step back. I'd take crandall's opportunity over Senglin's. 

Personally, I would have fouled and given em two shots at the line. But that is a whole other debate. Sucks no matter what. 

I think it was the correct call not to foul in the given situation.  To me, 15-20 seconds is too soon and too many bad things can happen.  What if Weber missed, got the board, hit the 3 to win? Then the whole, why the hell did Jones tell them to foul? theme breaks out. The worst case in letting it play out would be a tie (and yes I get there could be a 4 point play but given the situation, the players on the court are savy enough not to do that) but you would have the ball for the last possession

Now if it was around 8-12 seconds left on the inbound... then yes I would do it then.  It is still the same danger as before if you don't get the rebound on a miss, but you eliminate at least 1-2 cracks for Weber to tie. 

Correct call... bad result. 

30 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Right. But at the same time, Senglin's shot was a 22 foot step back. I'd take crandall's opportunity over Senglin's. 

Personally, I would have fouled and given em two shots at the line. But that is a whole other debate. Sucks no matter what. 

I concur

Absolutely the right call.  To much time to just simply foul.  There could be multiple possessions still left.  Their guy hit a huge shot and our guy  didn't.  Tough loss.  Some day some good fortune will happen at the end of games for us.  Great game.  We played hard and nothing to hang your head about.  Let's go win some more games this season yet.

This team improved dramatically from the start of the year to the end.  We basically have everybody back plus  additions.  We have gotten the attention of a lot of people.  We will not sneak up on anybody.  Can we just start next season now.

Just now, Risky said:

This team improved dramatically from the start of the year to the end.  We basically have everybody back plus  additions.  We have gotten the attention of a lot of people.  We will not sneak up on anybody.  Can we just start next season now.

The tough part is that even though UND returns everybody and adds Baker, Weber, Montana and Idaho return a lot too, and UND was just 1-5 against those three this season. Personally, I think UND should be better than Weber minus Bolomboy, and Montana minus Breunig (regardless of who else they may add in the off-season), but it definitely won't be easy.

• Upvote 1