SiouxSports.com Forum
AZSIOUX

Early Departures 2016 Edition

tho0505   
17 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I totally agree with you, these players need to take time and do what is right for them and their futures ...

BUT .... Of course we are impatient as fans, we just saw an amazing team win the national championship, and we are all on a hockey high. We just want the reassurance that we will have all of the solid talent to go Hang 9! Granted I think we always have the talent to make a run and win in, but we're greedy, we want the proven talent that has been here and done it.

This program is really special and as I was reading this week on a gopher blog we "get the extra year or two" from players. That's exactly it, we have first rounders playing until they are sophomore or juniors. When was the last time we lost a 1st rounder after their freshman year going into their soph year?  Once they come on campus our tradition, pride, and culture takes over.   Hats off to Hak, Berry, Blais, etc for the culture that was brought back after a couple down years with Gino.  I feel like we reload, not rebuild. 

• Upvote 3

tho0505   

Worst case scenario, is still a great scenario for Sioux fans. 

Leaving (hypothetically speaking)

LaDue, Johnson, Schmaltz, Thompson, Stetcher

Coming (Potentially)

Jost, Yon, Bowen, Hoff, Poolman, Johnson, Bast

Solid top 10 recruiting class, if not top 5, and returning hopefully 11 freshman.  Six freshman saw significant playing time and will fill the voids left by our early departures. With Schmaltz and either LaDue or Johnson, we'll be ranked #1 out the gate.

51 minutes ago, siouxczech29 said:

I thought I read somewhere that LJ had already signed with the Hawks. Was I dreaming that??

No, I believe what you read was the Blackhawks team physician is doing his surgery, which indicates that he is leaning towards signing. 

sprig   
Just now, siouxkid12 said:

No, I believe what you read was the Blackhawks team physician is doing his surgery, which indicates that he is leaning towards signing. 

The Sioux team doc knew nothing of this rumor after it was posted.  For what it's worth

11 minutes ago, sprig said:

The Sioux team doc knew nothing of this rumor after it was posted.  For what it's worth

I was just saying that was the rumor going around that he probably heard. 

Like I said earlier; now that the Blackhawks and Kings season's are over, we will have a clearer picture on who is staying and who is leaving.

UND1981   
36 minutes ago, sprig said:

LJ's injury was a sprain doesn't need surgery.

• Upvote 1

sprig   
2 hours ago, UND1981 said:

LJ's injury was a sprain doesn't need surgery.

If true,  the original rumor was definitely rumor only,  which was my point in the first place

tnt   

Tim Hennessey said this morning that he thinks LaDue and LJ will probably sign, but thinks there is a good chance Schmaltz comes back.  Would love to get all 3 of them back, but I guess I would take that scenario given they could possibly lose all three. 

• Upvote 1

burd   

Forgive my laziness, but what was the deal with the mystery surrounding Tim Hennessey late last week?  Did he make a change of some kind?

Did he come out?

OK . . . smiley.   Not that there is anything wrong with  . . . .

• Downvote 1

I've heard from someone close to LaDue and LJ both have signed.  Best of luck to both of them with their pro careers.  Also sounds like Luke's knee is doing better and he may/should be skating again next week.

• Upvote 1

Fetch   
16 minutes ago, SIOUXpucks said:

I've heard from someone close to LaDue and LJ both have signed.  Best of luck to both of them with their pro careers.  Also sounds like Luke's knee is doing better and he may/should be skating again next week.

Really hope LJ does well in the pros

News (not guaranteeing credibility) just broke on twitter about Ladue signing.

BREAKING NEWS: @pDue54 (Paul LaDue) is leaving @UNDmhockey, has signed w/ #LAKings More 2012 pick / D prospect http://mayorsmanor.com/2015/10/la-kings-2015-16-early-season-prospect-rankings-no-9-and-10/ 

16 retweets23 likes

• Upvote 1

If true, good luck in the NHL, LaDue! You were a solid defenseman for UND while you were here. Plus, always good to see local ND kids playing for UND.

Crossing my fingers and hoping Schmaltz stays.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to Ladue for signing!! 

Just a guess, but I would think this is what our defense would look like. Correct me if Im wrong.

T. Poolman   Ausmus

Shaw            Wolanin

Evers            C. Poolman

4 minutes ago, siouxbois10 said:

Just a guess, but I would think this is what our defense would look like. Correct me if Im wrong.

T. Poolman   Ausmus

Shaw            Wolanin

I'd be shocked to see an all rookie dpairing.  They will split Shaw and Wolanin to play with a freshman apiece

Goon   
22 minutes ago, MuggsyGobes said:

News (not guaranteeing credibility) just broke on twitter about Ladue signing.

BREAKING NEWS: @pDue54 (Paul LaDue) is leaving @UNDmhockey, has signed w/ #LAKings More 2012 pick / D prospect http://mayorsmanor.com/2015/10/la-kings-2015-16-early-season-prospect-rankings-no-9-and-10/ 

16 retweets23 likes

The Mayor is a good source. He's pretty dialed in. 

• Upvote 2

Goon   
12 minutes ago, siouxbois10 said:

T. Poolman   Ausmus

Shaw            Wolanin

That's still a pretty good d-core. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I'd be shocked to see an all rookie dpairing.  They will split Shaw and Wolanin to play with a freshman apiece

I was actually curious to see if they split Ausmus and Poolman and have them play with a freshman.