SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

11 minutes ago, sprig said:

The Sioux team doc knew nothing of this rumor after it was posted.  For what it's worth

I was just saying that was the rumor going around that he probably heard. 

Like I said earlier; now that the Blackhawks and Kings season's are over, we will have a clearer picture on who is staying and who is leaving.

Tim Hennessey said this morning that he thinks LaDue and LJ will probably sign, but thinks there is a good chance Schmaltz comes back.  Would love to get all 3 of them back, but I guess I would take that scenario given they could possibly lose all three. 

• Upvote 1

Forgive my laziness, but what was the deal with the mystery surrounding Tim Hennessey late last week?  Did he make a change of some kind?

Did he come out?

OK . . . smiley.   Not that there is anything wrong with  . . . .

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, SIOUXpucks said:

I've heard from someone close to LaDue and LJ both have signed.  Best of luck to both of them with their pro careers.  Also sounds like Luke's knee is doing better and he may/should be skating again next week.

Really hope LJ does well in the pros

News (not guaranteeing credibility) just broke on twitter about Ladue signing.

BREAKING NEWS: @pDue54 (Paul LaDue) is leaving @UNDmhockey, has signed w/ #LAKings More 2012 pick / D prospect http://mayorsmanor.com/2015/10/la-kings-2015-16-early-season-prospect-rankings-no-9-and-10/ 

16 retweets23 likes

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, siouxbois10 said:

Congrats to Ladue for signing!! 

Just a guess, but I would think this is what our defense would look like. Correct me if Im wrong.

T. Poolman   Ausmus

Shaw            Wolanin

Evers            C. Poolman

I'd be shocked to see an all rookie dpairing.  They will split Shaw and Wolanin to play with a freshman apiece

22 minutes ago, MuggsyGobes said:

News (not guaranteeing credibility) just broke on twitter about Ladue signing.

BREAKING NEWS: @pDue54 (Paul LaDue) is leaving @UNDmhockey, has signed w/ #LAKings More 2012 pick / D prospect http://mayorsmanor.com/2015/10/la-kings-2015-16-early-season-prospect-rankings-no-9-and-10/ 

16 retweets23 likes

The Mayor is a good source. He's pretty dialed in. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, siouxbois10 said:

Congrats to Ladue for signing!! 

Just a guess, but I would think this is what our defense would look like. Correct me if Im wrong.

T. Poolman   Ausmus

Shaw            Wolanin

Evers            C. Poolman

That's still a pretty good d-core. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

I was actually curious to see if they split Ausmus and Poolman and have them play with a freshman.

I think you have to have a pairing that you know can handle other teams' top lines.  Gotta keep 1 really good, experienced unit together