SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

3 hours ago, burd said:

Gfhockey texted me after bar time last night sayin Nick and Paul are both waiting to see what Gornall is going to do.  He actually said "doorknob," but I figured he meant Gornall.

And gornall is waiting to see what Anderson is going to do.

11 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

judging by the Scott powers article it sounds as though it may be a couple weeks before he decides. He's probably going to do whatever Ladue chooses.

Man. It took me 11 hours to figure out what article you were talking about here... 

15 hours ago, burd said:

And to be clear (and serious), I liked what I saw of Gornall.   Pulling for him this year.   

I met him in the stairway at Amalie arena. Seemed like a really nice guy. We talked for a few minutes then he asked me my name and put his hand out first to shake mine and fully introduced himself. I've met a few hockey players but only him, Brett Hextall and Zack Parise put their hand out first which I thought was kinda cool

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I met him in the stairway at Amalie arena. Seemed like a really nice guy. We talked for a few minutes then he asked me my name and put his hand out first to shake mine and fully introduced himself. I've met a few hockey players but only him, Brett Hextall and Zack Parise put their hand out first which I thought was kinda cool

This program has always given us elite level players, but it always gives us less heralded "gamers" we could champion too, and sometimes they are the most loved players.   

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

sounds like wolanin is coming back. Schloss mentioned there were 5 more players that had a decision, he was one nobody was really talking about. He probably had a deal. His twitter message is somewhat cryptic.

Didn't realize he was a draft pick even. Not often you're worried about someone splitting time leaving early.

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

sounds like wolanin is coming back. Schloss mentioned there were 5 more players that had a decision, he was one nobody was really talking about. He probably had a deal. His twitter message is somewhat cryptic.

I think this might be what you're talking about It says #backtowork 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, snova4 said:

Didn't realize he was a draft pick even. Not often you're worried about someone splitting time leaving early.

I didn't think his post was about deciding to come back because of a pro offer, I took it more as the team starts workouts up again after their 2 week break after the natty.

19 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Would be surprised if Wolanin had an offer. My guess is that the five are, Cam, Luke, LaDue, Nick and Poganski.

He could of very well got an offer.  That being said, these guys should look how players have been developing under the program.  Players like Cags and Stecher come undrafted and are hotly pursued after playing here.  Jason Blake comes to mind as another who had a pretty good NHL career after playing 4 years for the Sioux and was also undrafted.

1 hour ago, fsioux said:

He could of very well got an offer.  That being said, these guys should look how players have been developing under the program.  Players like Cags and Stecher come undrafted and are hotly pursued after playing here.  Jason Blake comes to mind as another who had a pretty good NHL career after playing 4 years for the Sioux and was also undrafted.

Well, three years with UND, and one with Ferris State, but the point rings true.

18 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

From his twitter/picture I kind of got the impression he was leaving the program.  Glad to hear my perception was incorrect.  Or likely incorrect.

3 minutes ago, dagies said:

From his twitter/picture I kind of got the impression he was leaving the program.  Glad to hear my perception was incorrect.  Or likely incorrect.

I honestly just guessed....the first time a read it I thought he was leaving.  But the more I thought about it I thought it meant he was staying.