SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

28 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Same thing will happen to BU with their recruiting class.

Agreed on that.  I think I saw that they could potentially have 5 first round draft picks in their incoming class?  That's insane.
I would guess that a couple could leave after their freshman years and that very few, if any, make it to their junior year.

Regardless, that's an insane recruiting class.  Props to their coaches on lining that up!

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Agreed on that.  I think I saw that they could potentially have 5 first round draft picks in their incoming class?  That's insane.
I would guess that a couple could leave after their freshman years and that very few, if any, make it to their junior year.

Regardless, that's an insane recruiting class.  Props to their coaches on lining that up!

That Keller kid sounds like the real deal. Breaking a record held by Kane and maybe it was Kariya? Impressive. 

6 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Also, I haven't seen anyone mention that he's a lot younger than the other junior defenders; heck he's younger than all the regular D except Shaw.   

Veering off topic here, you've hit on one of the keys to the effectiveness of this outstanding defensive corps: their age.  Give me a well-seasoned Ladue or Poolman over a green Thompson, Forbort, Lee or Chorney any day.  Those guys eventually developed into fine players (some are works in progress), but they were not as ready to play college hockey at an elite level.  And I mean that more mentally than physically.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, siouxstudent said:

Huge boost on D, curious does anyone know what kind of player his bro is? Will he be a top 6 guy you think?

Colton is more of a stay at home dman. Will be here for four years. Sounds like a great kid.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Interesting, we'll see who is right :)  I heard he's leaning on staying.  Pretty decent source but still mentioned he wasn't 100% sure.  He's getting heavy pressure but loves GF.

Im not saying he will, just what i was told. I have no idea but people within Kings org believe it will get done.

1 minute ago, siouxstudent said:

Im not saying he will, just what i was told. I have no idea but people within Kings org believe it will get done.

Haha I tried to delete that.  Funny stuff.  Either way sounds close to 50/50.  I heard he's obviously getting heavy pressure but really likes playing for UND.  Sometimes when I hear someone constantly bringing up the positives of one particular choice it leads me to believe that is what they want to do.  However making that choice does not always happen.  We'll see.