SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I don't know if he reached his full potential at UMN. I think he would have been better served playing at UND. He probably wanted to sign last year. 

4th round pick and was just a little under a point-per-game player through all three years at Minnesota.  I think he did just fine.

17 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I don't know if he reached his full potential at UMN. I think he would have been better served playing at UND. He probably wanted to sign last year. 

Haha.  Anyways, I think he did fine.  Prior to going to MN Wilkie had more productive years than him at the NTDP.  He'll graduate in May and also get some NHL games this year most likely.  I think he did it right.

10 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Channel 4 sports guy last night said it would only get better if North Dakota was invited to join the B10.  Pretty amazing to here a Twin Cities media figure say that on-air.

Maybe Minnesota could get rid of Lucia and get a major rival again all by making that move.  Maybe Lucia was so focused on getting Notre Dame in the Big Ten and fund raising for them that he didn't focus enough on getting his team to the Dance.  Either that, or he mailed it in so he could watch his kid in the Big Dance for his Senior season. ;)

7 hours ago, cberkas said:

Seeler signs with Minnesota.

So the Wild pluck a kid away from the Gophers... a kid they could easily monitor daily if they wanted to by driving a half hour at most. Hmmmm... Or will he be in the NHL next year?

11 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

So the Wild pluck a kid away from the Gophers... a kid they could easily monitor daily if they wanted to by driving a half hour at most. Hmmmm... Or will he be in the NHL next year?

If Seeler is playing for the Wild next year you and I will be playing defense for the Blackhawks against him. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

He will probably be in Iowa. From what I read the Wild left it completely up to him and he decided to sign I do believe Seeler may have already graduated though so that could be part of the reason.

sounds like more than just the guys we know about could be flight risks. Heard a rumor last night that pogo could sign. Again its a rumor but its from someone relatively close to the boys. And I agree, pogo signing doesn't make a ton of sense. Hopefully he thinks it through and stays two more years like he should.

4 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

sounds like more than just the guys we know about could be flight risks. Heard a rumor last night that pogo could sign. Again its a rumor but its from someone relatively close to the boys. And I agree, pogo signing doesn't make a ton of sense. Hopefully he thinks it through and stays two more years like he should.

Just goes to show that everybody that has a theory on who is going to leave is pure conjecture because for the most part we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.