SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

UNH sophomore F Andrew Poturalski signs with Carolina. 2nd NCAA in scoring this season. 52 points 22-30 in 37 games.

2-year deal with @NHLCanes
$700,000/$70,000 (AHL)
$832,500/$70,000 
signing bonus $185,000

3 minutes ago, AZSIOUX said:

UNH sophomore F Andrew Poturalski signs with Carolina. 2nd NCAA in scoring this season. 52 points 22-30 in 37 games.

$700,000/$70,000 (AHL)
$832,500/$70,000 
signing bonus $185,000

Can you count John Micheletto of UMass as an "early" departure?    ;)

(head coach relieved of duties on Sunday)

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, AZSIOUX said:

$700,000/$70,000 (AHL)
$832,500/$70,000 
signing bonus $185,000

Not a bad deal for this kid.

9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Godsmack signed a deal today with Trainwreck of the South Suburban Adult Hockey League (SSAHL).

That's a bit of a surprise.  Reports I had heard said that the Golden Goons had the inside track on signing him. 

44 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

That's a bit of a surprise.  Reports I had heard said that the Golden Goons had the inside track on signing him. 

Naw, he's too small. Plus, scouting reports from the ladies say he's a lover, not a fighter.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Hockey insider EF Hradek is reporting that Trainwreck won the free agency war by upping the Golden Goons' offer of Old Milwaukee to Grain Belt Premium. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Hockey insider EF Hradek is reporting that Trainwreck won the free agency war by upping the Golden Goons' offer of Old Milwaukee to Grain Belt Premium. 

What's wrong with you people, Old Mill is great beer!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Don't knock Grainbelt! We can't get that out here in Colorado so everytime my folks pass through town, pops brings me a case! -That and a case of Sprecher Root Beer from Menards!

That is probably a good thing.

I posted this under the North Dakota Season thread but it probably belongs here:

Just read a story that Jimmy Vesey a senior hockey player from Harvard wrote about his time in college: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jimmy-vesey-harvard-hockey/  Great read!!

I hope our underclassmen read the story and realize the NHL will always be there and their time in college is finite. They can enjoy developing their game while having the time of their lives with the "boys".

• Upvote 1

On March 11, 2016 at 9:51 PM, MafiaMan said:

Dan Renouf (Junior, Maine), signed with the Red Wings today.

Maine has had a lot of early signings the last few years and doesn't have the recruits or talent to compensate.  It all but guarantees that they stay near the bottom of the pile in hockey east.

On 3/10/2016 at 8:41 AM, The Sicatoka said:

I believe they also threw in a used puck bag. :)