SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky First Round: #5 UND vs #12 SUU (3/8 4:35 Central)

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

A lot of truth in this. It was ugly, they were down by more than the dreaded "5 points" they can't overcome and battled through early foul trouble but it was a win which is all that matters right now.

That rule doesn't apply at a neutral court luckily.

16 hours ago, Cratter said:

Dude it's hoops44, don't take him seriously. He obviously has an agenda.

Whereas I don't think this can be classified as a great win, to imply that Hoops44 has an agenda and UND-FB-FAN does not is complete hogwash. Calling the coach a prick and an idiot in a previous post clearly implies an agenda. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Why not? He could be in the NBA, or a D-league team. He's got the skills to get there.

At one time i would have said no. Too small and probably not become a good shooter. Today I say yes because he has become a good shooter. If Harvey can be a second round pick, so can Q. He has so many more intangibles than Harvey and I think he will become an even better shooter than he is today. Size will always be an issue with pro scouts but is somewhat offset with his physical strength. He is a great pick and roll guard who makes good decisions. He has shown great trajectory in his development and has a heart of a lion. He will play for a living in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

SUU fired Coach Nick Robinson today. 

Interesting.  Wonder what his buyout is for such a small school?  Saw he was paid $147,000 per year.  

They have a beautiful basketball arena but obviously not much of a program.

8 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

At one time i would have said no. Too small and probably not become a good shooter. Today I say yes because he has become a good shooter. If Harvey can be a second round pick, so can Q. He has so many more intangibles than Harvey and I think he will become an even better shooter than he is today. Size will always be an issue with pro scouts but is somewhat offset with his physical strength. He is a great pick and roll guard who makes good decisions. He has shown great trajectory in his development and has a heart of a lion. He will play for a living in my opinion. 

I agree that he will play for a living. I just think he will probably do so in Europe. If he was 6-4 it would be a different story.

39 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Interesting.  Wonder what his buyout is for such a small school?  Saw he was paid $147,000 per year.  

They have a beautiful basketball arena but obviously not much of a program.

He had one year left on his original five year contract. Not sure on the buyout amount but it was actually specifically stated that he wasn't let go after last year because of the cost of his buyout.

4 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Not sure but it was actually specifically stated that he wasn't let go after last year because of the cost of his buyout. Can't find the terms of his original contract but it was thought to be 4 or 5 years, so his contract is either up or he was bought out of the last year.

He was fired with one year left on his contract, like most coaches are.

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

He was fired with one year left on his contract, like most coaches are.

You are correct, I finally found that it was a 5 year contract (and updated my original post). I think his actual base salary was actually only $102K, the $147K number included all benefits, etc.

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

You are correct, I finally found that it was a 5 year contract (and updated my original post). I think his actual base salary was actually only $102K, the $147K number included all benefits, etc.

Gotcha.  So they are eating the 102k more than likely.

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Gotcha.  So they are eating the 102k more than likely.

It would obviously depend on how the contract was set up but if I had to guess, I'd say they are working under the assumption that they will be.