SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky First Round: #5 UND vs #12 SUU (3/8 4:35 Central)

SWSiouxMN

7 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Likely more people watching too

Well 7 or 8 on each side waiting to play "next".

Although I do remember getting absolutely lit up by what I thought was a homeless guy one Saturday and after we lost I was taking off my shoes because I was "done" and my friend PJ says "where are you going" and I said "I don't have it today, I just got schooled by a homeless guy who just wandered into the gym" and he says "Yeah, he looks a little rugged  but that is Cavin Andersen"

2 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Well 7 or 8 on each side waiting to play "next".

Although I do remember getting absolutely lit up by what I thought was a homeless guy one Saturday and after we lost I was taking off my shoes because I was "done" amd my friend PJ says "where are you going" and I said "I don't have it today, I just schooled by a homeless guy who just wandered into the gym" and he says "Yeah, he looks a little rugged  but that is Cavin Andersen"

Cavin schooled most everybody.

6 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Cavin schooled most everybody.

Ha. I was  21 years old and he was I suppose 37 and he hammered the crap out of me first time I went to the hole and I butchered him on the other end and chirped him a little bit which woke him up and changed his mode from getting in some exercise to showing up some punk(me). He was wearing Cargo Shorts, a t-shirt with a pocket and some sort of hiking boots. It was classic!

• Upvote 1

I was thinking it would be fun next year to spend a week in Reno with some old college friends, partying, gambling, and watching a bunch of basketball but now seeing the 'crowd' I think I may have changed my mind.  Is anyone showing up for any of these sessions?

4 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Talk about a guy that could take a game over.

Heard many stories from some of my coaches about playing amateur ball with him after he disappeared on the Chicago Bulls.

When they would play in Fargo they would call the Jamestown Mental Hospital and get him out for the weekend. When they would get about 6-7 miles out of Fargo they would let him out and he would run the rest of the way and meet them at whatever Gym they were playing at.

Ekalaka, Montana used to have a big money tournament in the summer which drew amatuers and pros in the summer time since pros didn't make as much money back then and they talked about the time he dropped 37 on Michael Ray Richardson who was one of the best defenders in the NBA.