SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

12 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Really!?  Did he tell you that or are you presuming that since he is now a potential draft choice?   Let me know your insight please 

How many 6'3" 250 LB linebackers sign at FCS schools? That is what he is trying to tell you. If he was that size he may have had P5 offers, and he may have taken one of those offers over a UND offer. 

On 4/5/2016 at 10:43 PM, hlzy23 said:

I'm willing to bet Kleinsasser's and Kuper's contracts were way more than all seven bison players combined. $$$$$$. That should tell you the quality of players. 

And Wentz's first contract will be more than Kuper and Kleinsasser's combined. What are you saying? 

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

How many 6'3" 250 LB linebackers sign at FCS schools? That is what he is trying to tell you. If he was that size he may have had P5 offers, and he may have taken one of those offers over a UND offer. 

He wasn't 250 when he arrived.  Will put in the time here at und to raise his numbers all around including speed.  Thanks for your input.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

He wasn't 250 when he arrived.  Will put in the time here at und to raise his numbers all around including speed.  Thanks for your input.

Ok. 6'3" 220 lb linebackers don't go FCS very often. And you are welcome. I will keep it coming...

Carson Wentz on Twitter: "Huge congratulations to the UND Men's hockey team! So cool. All we do is win here in this great state folks! Well deserved UND. #NoDak"

Exceptional move by this kid. He deserves support from the entire state of North Dakota. With that, this still is a UND site and the majority of this thread's focus should be on Will Ratelle and his potential NFL future. 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Carson Wentz on Twitter: "Huge congratulations to the UND Men's hockey team! So cool. All we do is win here in this great state folks! Well deserved UND. #NoDak"

Exceptional move by this kid. He deserves support from the entire state of North Dakota. With that, this still is a UND site and the majority of this thread's focus should be for Will Ratelle and his potential NFL future. 

Will Ratelle may not get drafted, but he will make an NFL roster. It may be better for him to sign as a FA and pick the best situation for himself. He is just a very good FB player and I would hope somebody gives him a shot at LB.  He could be a London Fletcher like LB.

8 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Exceptional move by this kid. He deserves support from the entire state of North Dakota. With that, this still is a UND site and the majority of this thread's focus should be for Will Ratelle and his potential NFL future. 

A very class act!!!

9 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Exceptional move by this kid. He deserves support from the entire state of North Dakota. With that, this still is a UND site and the majority of this thread's focus should be on Will Ratelle and his potential NFL future. 

Carson has some Sioux influence in his family and on this board.  That was a classy tweet that will pay dividends down the road as a spokesman in advertisements.

9 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

Keep it coming with information that is actually true...

I guess I don't get why people feel the need to contradict what he is saying just because he is an NDSU guy.  When you look at Ratelles HS film I thought he would be a 4 year starter because he looked very impressive.  Colleges look at measurable traits a lot and height is a big deal a lot of the time when looking at recruits.  Will clearly didn't have enough offers in relation to his ability and something scared off recruiters from the bigger schools.  Like the NFL now, it was very likely his height that caused this.  UND was lucky to have him, but if he was 6 feet tall or taller he likely would have had more offers and maybe UND gets him but maybe they don't.  Just because the person making the comment is an NDSU supporter and they are wrong most of the time, it doesn't make them wrong all of the time. 

• Upvote 2

Same thing can maybe be said about Santiago.......if he was taller maybe he would have gotten some offers from some bigger schools etc..   We got a gem in Will and probably an even bigger gem in Santiago, glad we got them both! 

7 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Same thing can maybe be said about Santiago.......if he was taller maybe he would have gotten some offers from some bigger schools etc..   We got a gem in Will and probably an even bigger gem in Santiago, glad we got them both! 

Football is a team game. Need to get more than just one player like that every 4 years in order to win championships. That is where sound recruiting and development comes into play. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Football is a team game. Need to get more than just one player like that every 4 years in order to win championships. That is where sound recruiting and development comes into play. 

Oh I realize you need a lot more than finding a great player once every 4 years.  Just commenting more on it's nice when you find a gem of a player that maybe wasn't that highly recruited. We got Grady and Santiago in the same class, if you can get two guys like that in every class and a bunch of other solid players you'll be in good shape.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

As much as I put him down, Mussmans 2012 group of recruits was mighty impressive:

Mike Edwards (fbs) currently on the depth chart at memphis

taj rich: 3 year starter for und and in my mind one of the top 10 LBs und has had

brian labat: 3 year starter for und

kenny galloday: (fbs) currently one of the top WRs in college football. 

Joe schobert: (fbs) all American at Wisconsin

joe mollberg: at the time,  was possibly considered the best "get" for und ever.  

Class also included Braden Hanson, Alec carrothers and luke Mathewson.  

Und still has 5 of these to be seniors that are ready to finish their careers at und, hopefully with deep playoff run

10 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

As much as I put him down, Mussmans 2012 group of recruits was mighty impressive:

Mike Edwards (fbs) currently on the depth chart at memphis

taj rich: 3 year starter for und and in my mind one of the top 10 LBs und has had

brian labat: 3 year starter for und

kenny galloday: (fbs) currently one of the top WRs in college football. 

Joe schobert: (fbs) all American at Wisconsin

joe mollberg: at the time,  was possibly considered the best "get" for und ever.  

Class also included Braden Hanson, Alec carrothersUnd still has 5 of these to be seniors that are ready to finish their careers at und, hopefully with deep playoff run

Would be nice to have Golladay and Schobert, but  it turned out nice with us as we got bubba, which was a great thing for this program.

18 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Not sure if you saw the Wentz tweet over the weekend, congratulating UND on their Men's Hockey National Championship. Kid has absolute class, maybe take a lesson from the guy if you are going to come onto a Sioux message board and try to get in a pissing match over football programs.

Majority of the people on this board have already acknowledged the ridiculous success your team has had. Yes, they have had many great player, including NFL talent. Does UND have that right now? No. Does that mean they won't get it? No. Remember there was a point in time where NDSU did not have 5 consecutive titles. I'm not saying UND, or any other team, will ever do what NDSU has not (maybe they will, maybe they won't), but UND has shown progress, so it is pretty asinine to really compare these two programs at the moment. If you want that argumentative garbage, go back to bisonville. You want to have a legitimate conversation about UND players and the direction of the program, then stick around.

Sorry, I didn't imply that the size of NFL players contracts made other NFL players making lesss money insignificant in their accomplishments. Kuper and Kleinsasser were very good college and NFL players. And Ratelle is also and I sincerely hope he makes a team. And I think he will, I just hope somebody gives him a chance at LB. He and DeLuca would have made quite the LB combo if they were on the same team. I wish NDSU had him. Nobody would have been able to run on them.

13 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Sorry, I didn't imply that the size of NFL players contracts made other NFL players making lesss money insignificant in their accomplishments. Kuper and Kleinsasser were very good college and NFL players. And Ratelle is also and I sincerely hope he makes a team. And I think he will, I just hope somebody gives him a chance at LB. He and DeLuca would have made quite the LB combo if they were on the same team. I wish NDSU had him. Nobody would have been able to run on them.

Nah, you're good, and I hear ya. I just get tired of some of these threads getting derailed by complete program comparisons. Lets face it the programs are just not completely comparable at this point. Its not that it can't be a discussion, just the wrong place to have it. We get some trolls on here, and I probably spewed my frustration in the wrong direction.

14 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Nah, you're good, and I hear ya. I just get tired of some of these threads getting derailed by complete program comparisons. Lets face it the programs are just not completely comparable at this point. Its not that it can't be a discussion, just the wrong place to have it. We get some trolls on here, and I probably spewed my frustration in the wrong direction.

No you made valid points in your statement.  I didn't come on this site until the beginning of Mussman's last season as i was really wondering about the direction of the football team and I had moved to AZ the year before and felt a little disconnected and wanted to try and get some information.  Since coming on here I love hearing about all of the chat and updates on the football team.  I have no desire to go on bville to hear what they are doing, I like hearing and following what UND is doing.  Actually if we would have been winning championships at the time I moved down here I likely may have never ended up on here, it is when we were doing poorly that I wanted more info.  I can't imagine if we had just won 5 titles.....the thought even crossing my mind about going on to the bville site.  There are a few NDSU posters that have a few posts here and there that actually add to some conversations.  But the need for some others to come on here daily after winning 5 titles and try and stir up stuff about how good they are and to put down UND, honestly it is just baffling.  

• Upvote 1