SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

15 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Just saw him in street clothes on the sideline. Too bad.

I saw this too, I was hoping I was wrong and it wasn't him.  This really hurts for his potential draft stock, his biggest knock would probably be durability, and then to be hurt on the national scale isn't good.  Hopefully he can turn in a good pro day somewhere as I'm just guessing he won't be at the combine.

On 1/20/2018 at 4:12 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Injury history will cost Reyes 

Yep.  I'd say there is almost no way he gets drafted, hasn't been able to make it through a full college season without getting injured, I don't see how he'd make it through an NFL season.  Then getting injured for this game......probably the nail in the coffin on getting drafted.  Hopefully he will still get an invite from a team after the draft, would be nice to see him make a team.  Would at least like to see him get a legit chance.  Some guys just seem to have that injury bug, and unfortunately for Cole he is one of them.  He has been fun to watch the last couple of years.  Wishing him the best of luck! 

• 3 weeks later...

Jake Landry is the new interim OC at UW Whitewater.  That will be some good experience.  Would be cool for him to make it back to UND some day, maybe as a QB coach.

http://lacrossetribune.com/sports/local/college/uw-la-crosse-football-offensive-coordinator-jake-landry-leaving-for/article_eacc441a-2a6f-5fb8-b33d-2a91f9732630.html

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Jake Landry is the new interim OC at UW Whitewater.  That will be some good experience.  Would be cool for him to make it back to UND some day, maybe as a QB coach.

http://lacrossetribune.com/sports/local/college/uw-la-crosse-football-offensive-coordinator-jake-landry-leaving-for/article_eacc441a-2a6f-5fb8-b33d-2a91f9732630.html

He'd be way better than our current QB coach. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Predictions on whether Cole Reyes goes in a round or free agency? When I think about past injury concerns I certainly don't think about arm injuries being as big of a deal as a knee or head, but we will see what the NFL thinks.

I’d have to guess UFA. Regardless, I hope he gets a shot and finds a way to stay healthy! When healthy this kid just has it. Cmon Vikes, take a shot at the kid.

19 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Predictions on whether Cole Reyes goes in a round or free agency? When I think about past injury concerns I certainly don't think about arm injuries being as big of a deal as a knee or head, but we will see what the NFL thinks.

I'd be completely shocked if he got drafted, unless there are some recent very positive reports about him out there or something that I haven't seen.  He has history of being injured, and he is FCS level.....two strikes against him, unfortunately.  Getting hurt for the Senior Bowl (or whichever one it was) was kind of the icing on the cake in my opinion regarding his injury history.   Hope he gets a shot somewhere though, I'm sure he will at least get a chance.  I would love to see him play on Sundays, even if it was for the Vikings :) 

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

I thought they were saying he couldn't get a medical redshirt?

Yes, he could have returned.  But he was damn near checked out by the time the USD game came around and he played like it.  So, he had an awful final year, poor off season cause he was hurt, then had surgery in February and is now sitting at home.  Poorly handled by everyone involved.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Yes, he could have returned.  But he was damn near checked out by the time the USD game came around and he played like it.  So, he had an awful final year, poor off season cause he was hurt, then had surgery in February and is now sitting at home.  Poorly handled by everyone involved.

Being top dog only works when you are the top dog.  A mediocre dog is a lonely dog at the next level.

23 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Wow didn't realize he could have returned.  That would have been nice to have both Reyes and Harris back this year.  And would have been better for Reyes too.  Not sure he would have been able to go a full year without getting injured but who knows.