SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I never understood why he signed with a team that already had a Pro Bowl fullback.  Chances of outplaying a Pro Bowl FB when you haven't played that position since High School are slim and none. Hope it works out for him on the Jets, if he makes the team I could see the Jets fans really liking a hard working blue collar type of player like Will.  

If Pro Bowl fullback guy gets hurt in first week of camp who is going to play fullback, then?

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I never understood why he signed with a team that already had a Pro Bowl fullback.  Chances of outplaying a Pro Bowl FB when you haven't played that position since High School are slim and none. Hope it works out for him on the Jets, if he makes the team I could see the Jets fans really liking a hard working blue collar type of player like Will.  

I thought it had to do with contracts.  ProBowl fullback might be over their budget when the next contract comes up.  Doesn't matter now...congratulations Will, and congratulations Jets!

4 hours ago, UND-1 said:

If Pro Bowl fullback guy gets hurt in first week of camp who is going to play fullback, then?

Since some teams don't even have FB's anymore, I wasn't sure if some teams would carry a second FB.  If they carry two then I can see it, I just wasn't sure if some teams carry two or not and I posed that question earlier.  I just went to NFL.com and then Team and checked depth chart.  It doesn't look like Atlanta had a backup FB before, but maybe they were looking for one so then I guess it makes sense.  I see Dallas has two FB's listed, the Jets have two FB's listed (I assume this is all last years depth chart).  Some teams like New England and Arizona, have no FB listed.  Obviously it depends on each teams style and playbook as to if or how much they use a FB.   Hoping he can make it with the Jets! 

Cut him and then re-sign him?  Seems a little fishy.....I wonder if they just need another warm body for the last game because they don't want to get any of their other players injured.  If that's the case they are just using him and  I'd rather have him sign with another team that wants to give him a legitimate shot. 

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Cut him and then re-sign him?  Seems a little fishy.....I wonder if they just need another warm body for the last game because they don't want to get any of their other players injured.  If that's the case they are just using him and  I'd rather have him sign with another team that wants to give him a legitimate shot. 

Every game is a showcase for these guys that may be cut. The best way to land on your feet is take every oportunity given to you as far as you can. Even if it's just one more game for the Falcons it allows him to show other teams what he can do.

I totally agree you need to take every chance you get and put 110% effort into it.  My only point was that if maybe some other team wanted to take a real look at him as an option to make the team, verses a team that just needed a warm body for a game.......I'd rather he suit up for a team that may be taking a serious look at him not just adding him as a warm body knowing they will 100% be cutting him right after the game.  

Does anyone have an update on Ratelle? I saw and heard that the Falcons are negotiating an injury settlement with him, but there's nothing listed on the Falcons web site. He's not on the roster and he's not listed as released or waived. Also - what happened? I know he played in that last preseason game.

23 minutes ago, LkvlleUNDFan said:

Does anyone have an update on Ratelle? I saw and heard that the Falcons are negotiating an injury settlement with him, but there's nothing listed on the Falcons web site. He's not on the roster and he's not listed as released or waived. Also - what happened? I know he played in that last preseason game.

He was given an injury settlement and released. I haven't seen any details, but he injured an ankle during the last preseason game. He had 1 catch for 15 yards during the game.

15 hours ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

He was given an injury settlement and released. I haven't seen any details, but he injured an ankle during the last preseason game. He had 1 catch for 15 yards during the game.

Thanks - I didn't see the game, so didn't know what happened. I hope he gets a chance somewhere else. With his speed and strength you'd think he'd be a demon on special teams for someone, at the very least.

This is probably pouring salt on some wounds, but I saw that Kenny Golladay had quite the trip to Laramie the other day. Stat line:

6 carries, 82 yards, including a 34-yard TD

10 catches, 144 yards, 2 TDs (39,27)

The Cowboys came up with the triple-OT win, but can't blame it on Kenny.

• 3 months later...