SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Will signs with the Falcons. Not my favorite team but they have a huge need at LB. Seems like a good situation for him. I hope he crushes it.

I really wish he would have been drafted but after round 5 it's almost better to get signed after the draft as a free agent.  I am not a Falcons fans but I am starting to feel connected to the team somewhat.  I coached and taught Jake Matthews in Middle School, my current neighbors daughter is in a relationship with another player on the team, and now Will signs with them.  I really think he is going to stick and think the Falcons just got very lucky. 

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:11 AM, nd1sufan said:

How many 6'3" 250 LB linebackers sign at FCS schools? That is what he is trying to tell you. If he was that size he may have had P5 offers, and he may have taken one of those offers over a UND offer. 

Point on.  Like Wentz (size not an issue there), had some big-time FBS/P5 schools recruited him I'm sure he would of gone elsewhere besides NDSU or C Mich (?) I gotta think. 

10 hours ago, GDPritch said:

Point on.  Like Wentz (size not an issue there), had some big-time FBS/P5 schools recruited him I'm sure he would of gone elsewhere besides NDSU or C Mich (?) I gotta think. 

Most likely yes. There are exceptions though, it just depends on what the kid is looking for. Ellefson and Stick turned down Big 10 offers, but it doesn't happen very often.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Looks more like Raiders rookies. I wish my Raiders would have picked Will up...

Goin' to Vegas to watch them soon? ;)

The 1976 Raiders ... Errol Mann! :)

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/oakland-raiders/roster/1976
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Errol_Mann <--- See, SEE! The moderator kept it on topic (former players). 

I was just scrolling through . . . seemed to show up in a couple of different threads.  Just a general good vibe about having Will there.  I know that the consensus is that he will be in the fullback position, but I have hopes to see him at linebacker.

• 2 weeks later...