SiouxSports.com Forum

West Regional

01grad

Either way whether our team is there or not, we are planning to get together at either McGoverns or Tom Reids to watch us play if we are in another regional and then still go to the games at the X. If you are going to travel wherever they are sent, that is a different story. We need to start discussing a location to hang out to watch our game in case that happens for us St. Paul area people. Maybe we could get McGoverns to setup our own personal tent and big screen!

58 minutes ago, 01grad said:

Either way whether our team is there or not, we are planning to get together at either McGoverns or Tom Reids to watch us play if we are in another regional and then still go to the games at the X. If you are going to travel wherever they are sent, that is a different story. We need to start discussing a location to hang out to watch our game in case that happens for us St. Paul area people. Maybe we could get McGoverns to setup our own personal tent and big screen!

Went to McGovern's the night before the alumni outdoor game.  They miss the Sioux fans there, or at least that's what they said when putting on the Sioux game for us :)
Their outdoor space between the buildings had the glass up and people were sitting out there.  We sat in the small bar attached to that (across the patio from the main building).  With all that open, but underused, on a regular Friday night, I'm relatively sure they'd do what the could to accommodate a group of us.

Plus, you know, once UND gets that regional, they'll have the tents and everything for our group of a few thousand :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 01grad said:

Miss McGovern they were great to Sioux Fans

3 hours ago, 01grad said:

I live in Bloomington but I will  be hanging out at McGoverns that weekend!

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I always thought of Summit and Grand as a neighborhood per a friend who lived in (on?) Summit Hill.  He referred to it that way so I followed suit.  Anyways, a good alternative to staying downtown St. Paul.

Love the area.  We call it Crocus Hills, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Still holding out hope after doing the pairwise predictor that if we win the 3rd place and Cloud loses we could still be in the west. Oh and it would help if Michigan can beat MN. At least if we are in the MW we can still watch our semifinal game Friday and then get together Saturday night to watch us punch a ticket to the frozen four. Trying to stay positive through this messed up way the NCAA screws with us all if you aren't a host team.

Lots of moving parts in all of this but if QU wins today they are the overall #1 seed. Providence is a lock as the the #4 overall seed. SCSU and UND round out the other #1 seeds with SCSU currently at #2. Not good at math but looking at it my guess UND has a greater chance to be placed in Cincy than the X when it is all said and done as I think UND will wind up being the #3 overall seed after all the games wash out today. 

But if the Gophers win...

Wouldn't they be smart to put UND in the West knowing that now the gophers are out ND fans would pack the X and SCSU fans wouldn't in the same way? I don't get why it makes a difference whether Cloud or us have to travel to Cincy when the attendance would be better with us in the West if they are really concerned about numbers. That is the only problem with our fans traveling so well they might just expect that.

• Upvote 1

Okay all locals, don't go selling tickets!!! I looked at dates/times and we won't miss watching UND on television Friday if we are in the Midwest and Saturday we can still paint the place green for both games as the MW final isn't until 8:00 Saturday night. We can leave the X early and go pack McGovern's watching the Sioux with our own crazy party that night to send us to the frozen four! All hope is not lost as this team will regroup and make a run at #8! Youth is on our side!!!

22 hours ago, 01grad said:

Okay all locals, don't go selling tickets!!! I looked at dates/times and we won't miss watching UND on television Friday if we are in the Midwest and Saturday we can still paint the place green for both games as the MW final isn't until 8:00 Saturday night. We can leave the X early and go pack McGovern's watching the Sioux with our own crazy party that night to send us to the frozen four! All hope is not lost as this team will regroup and make a run at #8! Youth is on our side!!!

MW final is at 5:00pm central according to the NCAA...the Northeastern final is at 8:00 pm central.

Yep saw this. The NCAA messes with us some more and changes things around from where times were scheduled in past years having the West and Midwest not overlap possibly because they considered fans might have tickets and have more interest in these games. We are still going and will watch our game (assuming we get past Friday) in between and then back to the X to watch the remainder of the second game. Though we have only one ticket for both sets of games, somebody told me they do scan out for readmission or can just go out/in the smoking door. Bloomington Sensers Friday at 1:00!!!

Let's pack McGovern's tomorrow with green those who are in still for the West. I already called and made sure they would put on our game with sound when the place clears out and people go to watch the second game since ours against Michigan will start at 5:00.