SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (10-6) @ Montana (13-3) (3/3 8 PM)

SWSiouxMN

Not a good half of basketball.  Geno had a bad half, we had  silly turnovers, bad free shooting,   and no Hooker.  That doesn't make  for good ball.    Doesn't look like the team I have been watching lately.  Got to pick it up.  Sometimes I think other teams like it when Drick is taking it to the basket.  They aren't afraid to foul him  because they know he only makes about a third of them.

Team looks unfocused and slow. Doesn't surprise me given this is a big road game; Jones doesn't know how to motivate & lead his team in such situations. Home atmosphere does the trick for him when in Grand Forks, but on the road Jones' aloof demeanor doesn't help UND. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

It has been the same thing on the road for 10 years with jones... Wash... Rinse... Repeat

Shoot under 40% with lots of turnovers is Jones' recipe when playing games on the road.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Shoot under 40% with lots of turnovers is Jones' recipe when playing games on the road.

But remember, all Jones does is put together a line-up card and then sit back and watch. He isn't out there playing, so nothing that happens is on him (sarcasm). :silly:

This team teases us with signs of progress and then pulls this crap.

• Upvote 1