SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ Denver - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

well we know it was a bad weekend for the team no we didn't gain anything but st.cloud could of played this weekend and swept and we would be done 6 points gotta come back hard next weekend no excuses for this weekend its a 3 horse race with 3 weeks to go bear down and get the job done down the stretch boys st.cloud will lose a couple down the stretch lets take advantage of that. Lets just take our frustration out next weekend on duluth 

2 hours ago, BeazSioux said:

Brad better skate these boys into the ground on Monday.  Absolutely pathetic effort tonight.

Huh.  That is an interesting perspective on coaching philosophies.  Thank God you are not a coach - and if you are hopefully you figure things out.  I am glad you did not coach me.  Good luck!

We certainly blew a huge opportunity this weekend. But in the grand scheme of things all we need to do is make the tournament and we have as good a chance as any team to win it all. I just hope the team learned some very valuable lessons this weekend that will serve them well in the tournament. To all of you on the ledge, pull your heads out of your asses.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Still 3rd......still a #1 seed......still won't be at the X (I know that's very selfish).

Not sure why you say this Oxbow.   The NC$$ will certainly do all it can to put UND in the West.   The boys will probably earn that right with a late run and an overall #1 seed.  Even if St. Cloud finishes ahead of us, the Committee will look at locations and numbers.  1000 Huskie fans travel, if that.  Compared to 8000 ND fans.   It's elementary math.  ND will be at the X.   And so too will probably be the Chokes.  Perhaps.    March 27 may well  bring another Sioux-Gopher game for the right to go to Tampa.  Book it.   And get your tickets now. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthDakotaHockey said:

Not sure why you say this Oxbow.   The NC$$ will certainly do all it can to put UND in the West.   The boys will probably earn that right with a late run and an overall #1 seed.  Even if St. Cloud finishes ahead of us, the Committee will look at locations at numbers.  1000 Huskie fans travel, if that.  Compared to 8000 ND fans.   It's elementary math.  ND will be at the X.   And so too will probably be the Chokes.  Perhaps.    March 27 may well  bring another Sioux-Gopher game for the right to go to Tampa.  Book it.   And get your tickets now. 

I hope you are right but in past the NCAA has not done what you are suggesting....use common sense for gate/attendance purposes. Gophs/Sioux 2016..........would be epic!

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I hope you are right but in past the NCAA has not done what you are suggesting....use common sense for gate/attendance purposes. Gophs/Sioux 2016..........would be epic!

NC$$ does seem to like pairing ND and Minnesota in Regionals though.   I'd love to see this match up.  Anytime.  Anywhere.  For any prize.   It will be interesting to see where things shake out.   All I know for sure is that we are now upon the absolute best time of the sporting year.  College hockey stretch runs.   The crack of the bat.  The Stanley Cup.  And The Masters.  Basketball and football banished to banal hell.

38 minutes ago, NorthDakotaHockey said:

NC$$ does seem to like pairing ND and Minnesota in Regionals though.   I'd love to see this match up.  Anytime.  Anywhere.  For any prize.   It will be interesting to see where things shake out.   All I know for sure is that we are now upon the absolute best time of the sporting year.  College hockey stretch runs.   The crack of the bat.  The Stanley Cup.  And The Masters.  Basketball and football banished to banal hell.

Ummmm....... ever hear of March Madness? It's this little basketball tourney that's kind of a big deal.

1 hour ago, NorthDakotaHockey said:

Not sure why you say this Oxbow.   The NC$$ will certainly do all it can to put UND in the West.   The boys will probably earn that right with a late run and an overall #1 seed.  Even if St. Cloud finishes ahead of us, the Committee will look at locations and numbers.  1000 Huskie fans travel, if that.  Compared to 8000 ND fans.   It's elementary math.  ND will be at the X.   And so too will probably be the Chokes.  Perhaps.    March 27 may well  bring another Sioux-Gopher game for the right to go to Tampa.  Book it.   And get your tickets now. 

Oxbow is right. NCAA won't mess with top seeds like that. If SCSU finishes top four ahead of UND, they'll play in St. Paul... guaranteed.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:
9 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

This made me laugh, telling me you are calm as your toes are hanging over the edge! "Believing the team...."  is not what I'm doing, but thinking a team should be undefeated is silly. Yea yea I know, if it was a good loss you would feel better, as if those really happen. I understand hockey teams do lose, maybe you need to understand that? Carry on...

.This is the attitude you get when you follow losing organizations for years. 

10 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

NCHC parity....

Disappointing weekend, no doubt about that. I'm sure Denver felt the same when they were swept by UND and SCSU in back to back weekends. Things are clicking for them now. Maybe UND will have a chance at having the last laugh.

UND has to rise above the setback. Duluth is going to be wanting points next weekend just as much.

And now they have some film to watch.

Practice well, men.  6 huge points on the line next weekend.

2 hours ago, NorthDakotaHockey said:

crack of the bat? (from the Domican Republic??) stanley cup, May?, june..  Masters, mid april along with vail closing (top of 4 at 4) nfl draft is bigger than ohl tournay.  ncaa hockey has twelve playoffs to get to a team from outside  of buffalo