SiouxSports.com Forum

Iowa In Some Title IX Trouble?

UNDvince97-01

40 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Gene Taylor has a lot of experience with gender bias.  The trail leads back to NDSU if the Office of Civil cares about Fargo.

""" A number of the female coaches began speaking out on the issue, with up to six of them being fired over a five-year period. One such coach was Griesbaum, who told ESPNW the following after her firing just two weeks before the field hockey season was supposed to begin:"""

Gene Taylors last day on the job was 7-30-2014. The issues started long before he got there.  But nice try.

Interesting that GT is still a burr in your underwear. :lol:

10 minutes ago, bison73 said:

""" A number of the female coaches began speaking out on the issue, with up to six of them being fired over a five-year period. One such coach was Griesbaum, who told ESPNW the following after her firing just two weeks before the field hockey season was supposed to begin:"""

Gene Taylors last day on the job was 7-30-2014. The issues started long before he got there.  But nice try.

Interesting that GT is still a burr in your underwear. :lol:

3 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Iowa AD Barta has his roots at NDSU too.  There is often kissing of this a** on bizonville.

What does that have to do with your OP?

Of course considering it just an investigation they may find nothing.

You must spend considerable time on BV to witness said kissing as I havent seen it.

One such coach was Griesbaum, who told ESPNW the following after her firing just two weeks before the field hockey season was supposed to begin: ... 

It wasn’t just coaches either, as former Associate A.D. Jane Meyer was strangely reassigned back in 2014 as well. She spoke out in 2015, telling the Iowa City Press-Citizen that she believes “strong women are not welcome in Iowa’s athletic department.”

Meyer also just so happens to be the long-time partner of Griesbaum, 

So a female AAD and a female coach are long-time partners in the department. This Gene Taylor fellow shows up in town and those two are suddenly no longer "golden children" in the department but pariahs that need to be fired or reassigned. 

I swear I've heard that somewhere before ... but it wasn't Iowa ... 

There are Title 9 investigations going on at scores of athletic departments all across the country.  It doesn't mean any of this is true, or even if there is something found that it is even true either.

USD got hit with a Title 9 lawsuit because a grossly underachieving women's sports director was failing miserably at her job.  When she got the axe she filed a complaint because her and her partner, who I believe was a coach underneath her supervision, got fired.  Nothing about how you shouldn't be sleeping with your subordinates or continually producing losing programs, no, that wouldn't be why you were fired.  It was all because of your gender and sexual orientation.  Biggest sham I've ever seen.

On 2/15/2016 at 10:32 AM, The Sicatoka said:

So a female AAD and a female coach are long-time partners in the department. This Gene Taylor fellow shows up in town and those two are suddenly no longer "golden children" in the department but pariahs that need to be fired or reassigned. 

I swear I've heard that somewhere before ... but it wasn't Iowa ... 

Navy?

23 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

So NDSU has 8 mens sports and 8 women's sports. (UND is 10 for men's and 14 for women's). I take it 50-50 in sports isn't what counts for title IX, but the ratio of athletes as a school is what counts?

UND has 10 mens and 11 womens. 

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Somewhere between Navy and Iowa on Gene Taylor's resume. 

I getting tired of reading between the lines on your posts.  So I'm just going to say it.  You think Lynn Dorn and Amy Ruley are lesbians and partners; you also think Gene Taylor is a homphobe, had Amy Ruley fired and Lynn Dorn demoted because of their homosexuality?

15 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

I getting tired of reading between the lines on your posts.  So I'm just going to say it.  You think Lynn Dorn and Amy Ruley are lesbians and partners; you also think Gene Taylor is a homphobe, had Amy Ruley fired and Lynn Dorn demoted because of their homosexuality?

Taylor doesn't give a damn about women's sports.  Some women's AD'S and coaches are militants if you can catch the drift.  So gals like Holly Johnson can't catch a break because they don't tow the line.  

39 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Given what I know and what's reported at Iowa, the patterns seem rather coincidental. Beyond that, I make no claims to know others' personal beliefs.

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Given what I know and what's reported at Iowa, the patterns seem rather coincidental. Beyond that, I make no claims to know others' personal beliefs.

So Gene Taylor was hired at NDSU in 2001, hid his homophobic tendencies for six years and then decided to fire Ruley (oh wait, you lied about that; she resigned and got a job in the same athletic department that Gene Taylor oversaw).  And then realizing he hadn't done enough to perpetuate his misogynist attitudes also had Lynn Dorn reassigned (oops, lied about that too, she was womens' AD when Taylor was hired and continued in that role until her retirement).

But probably the greatest feat of all was firing the Iowa women's field hockey coach before he started working there.  That, my friends, is power.  

Yep, quite the coincidence.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, NDSU grad said:

So Gene Taylor was hired at NDSU in 2001, hid his homophobic tendencies for six years and then decided to fire Ruley (oh wait, you lied about that; she resigned and got a job in the same athletic department that Gene Taylor oversaw).  And then realizing he hadn't done enough to perpetuate his misogynist attitudes also had Lynn Dorn reassigned (oops, lied about that too, she was womens' AD when Taylor was hired and continued in that role until her retirement).

But probably the greatest feat of all was firing the Iowa women's field hockey coach before he started working there.  That, my friends, is power.  

Yep, quite the coincidence.

Nobody said Gene Taylor is a homophobe.  I mean he's no Bob Entzion, but he's also not a homophobe.