SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings

jimdahl

27 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

I want to be in the West Regional. Who we play....I really don't care. As far as the Gophers....they have a lot of work to do. They have at least two elimination games to play yet.

It would be sweet if they fell out of the field. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, iluvdebbies said:

I want to be in the West Regional. Who we play....I really don't care. As far as the Gophers....they have a lot of work to do. They have at least two elimination games to play yet.

It would be fun to be in the west regional but with the NCAA, you never know!

19 hours ago, brianvf said:

East Regional (Albany):
13 Omaha vs. 4 Providence
11 Harvard vs. 5 Boston College

Northeast Regional (Worcester):
16 Minnesota State vs. 1 Quinnipiac
10 Boston University vs 8 Yale

Midwest Regional (Cincinnati):
15 Robert Morris vs. 3 St. Cloud State
9 Notre Dame vs. 6 Michigan

West Regional (St. Paul):
14 Minnesota vs. 2 North Dakota
12 Massachusetts-Lowell vs. 7 Denver

That would certainly be the Bracket of Death for UND once again should something like that happen.

Cincy would come down to whether UM's horrible defense/goalie could stop SCSU's lethal PP (it wouldn't)...and then if UM could score enough goals to offset them (they might).

Worcester is the easiest bracket...three teams that have been up and down this season and one team that loves to tie but is somehow holding onto that #1 slot still.  They won't be able to tie with a spot to the F4 on the line.

I would think the winner of the BC/Harvard game advances in Albany.  I can't see PC making another run this year.

I love this time of year...games are starting to mean something!

Not sure who put this bracket together.  Last time i checked USCHO, CHN and Sioux sport PWR minnesota is #16 and is outside looking in.  Am i missing something?

39 minutes ago, squirtcoach said:

Not sure who put this bracket together.  Last time i checked USCHO, CHN and Sioux sport PWR minnesota is #16 and is outside looking in.  Am i missing something?

They assume MN will win the autobid since they are leading the regular season conference.

So its a big "IF" at this point.

40 minutes ago, squirtcoach said:

He's not predicting what he thinks the bracket will look like in two weeks...its just what he thinks  it would look like if the committee did their work today.

On February 28, 2016 at 4:20 PM, squirtcoach said:

Quinnipiac is .0022 points ahead of UND in the RPI and idle next weekend.  If UND sweeps Western, I presume UND would slip ahead of them on the RPI and take #1 in the PWR, but I am no Math Major.

UND made up .0018 of the .0022 rpi with the win last night. I still want to think that no matter what Colgate or Cornell does tonight, a win against Western will give our favorite team the #1 RPI and first place in the PWR.

• Upvote 3

As of tonight, my bracketology:

St Paul-

1.  NoDak vs 15. Minnesota 

8.  Michigan vs 9. BU

Worcester-

4.  Providence vs 13. UMD

5. BC vs 11. Harvard

Albany-

2. QU vs 16. RMU

7. Yale vs 10. Notre Dame

Cinci-

3. SCSU vs 14. MTU

6. DU vs 12. Lowell

St Paul and Worcester are attendance dreams...

Count those Natty's in St. Paul...region of death

2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

As of tonight, my bracketology:

St Paul-

1.  NoDak vs 15. Minnesota 

8.  Michigan vs 9. BU

Worcester-

4.  Providence vs 13. UMD

5. BC vs 11. Harvard

Albany-

2. QU vs 16. RMU

7. Yale vs 10. Notre Dame

Cinci-

3. SCSU vs 14. MTU

6. DU vs 12. Lowell

St Paul and Worcester are attendance dreams...

Count those Natty's in St. Paul...region of death

They may flip Michigan with Denver to get Michigan in Cinci for "attendance" purposes. They may even flip those entire matchups. They've shown in the past that the $ is more important than bracket integrity. UND, Denver, Lowell, and Minnesota would still be the region of death

6 hours ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

They may flip Michigan with Denver to get Michigan in Cinci for "attendance" purposes. They may even flip those entire matchups. They've shown in the past that the $ is more important than bracket integrity. UND, Denver, Lowell, and Minnesota would still be the region of death

Looks to me like no matter how the pairwise falls at the end that Quinnipiac will have the easiest regional and whoever of St. Cloud or UND gets shipped to Cincy will have an easier rout than through St. Paul. Obviously, I think a lot hinges on whether or not the Gophers make the tourney. I know in years past (including last year) that the AHA winner has taken out some #1 seeds (Mankato last year #1 overall) but drawing them as opposed to the Gophers in St. Paul is a big difference no matter how close they are in the Pairwise.

7 minutes ago, terbele said:

Doesnt bracket integrity come into play here - I thought that the number one was always given the number 16.  If that is the case, wouldnt we end up in Cinci.  

They are. The #1 seed has always ended up being protected....although last year it would have been nice if my favorite squad wasnt. Maybe we wouldn't have laid an egg like we did against RIT.

35 minutes ago, terbele said:

Doesnt bracket integrity come into play here - I thought that the number one was always given the number 16.  If that is the case, wouldnt we end up in Cinci.  

They try to, but in this case, that would be subordinate to two rules that they are definite on- #1 seeds go closest to home in rank order, and host schools go to the Regional they are hosting.  This is an odd duck year too in that the theoretical 15 and 16 seeds are actually pretty decent in pwr ranked 17 and 21 respectively.  Its not like one is a complete cupcake.

On March 3, 2016 at 0:49 PM, iluvdebbies said:

I want them in St Paul with us bad. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

They try to, but in this case, that would be subordinate to two rules that they are definite on- #1 seeds go closest to home in rank order, and host schools go to the Regional they are hosting.  This is an odd duck year too in that the theoretical 15 and 16 seeds are actually pretty decent in pwr ranked 17 and 21 respectively.  Its not like one is a complete cupcake.

I would much rather play RMU.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:43 PM, farce poobah said:

I'm personally hoping that there's not a first round matchup of  Notre Dame vs Michigan.   If that happens, I'll bet ESPN ignores everything else.

I don't know how good they are. They're the best team in a very bad hockey conference. They went 2-1-1 against a bad Army team. They were 3-3-0 in non-conference play. I would take that matchup, too. But Sicatoka is right, all matchups in the NCAA are tough.

29 minutes ago, Goon said:

I don't know how good they are. They're the best team in a very bad hockey conference. They went 2-1-1 against a bad Army team. They were 3-3-0 in non-conference play. I would take that matchup, too. But Sicatoka is right, all matchups in the NCAA are tough.

Sure, but they also beat Michigan, Penn State and UMass-Lowell. Minny's best win is Michigan. So, toss out Mich and PSU, they both split against each. Could Minny beat UM-L? I'm not so sure.