SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (7-4) @ EWU (7-4)

SWSiouxMN

FINALLY! After 8 failed attempts, the ninth was the charm.  UND was able to get a huge victory against Weber and complete a huge home week.  Now with 4 wins in the past 5 games, UND looks to keep the momentum going onto the biggest road trip of the season.  First up, a trip to EWU.

The all time series is now 5-2 in favor of UND, including a 2-1 record at EWU. UND was able to take down the Eagles 77-71 in Grand Forks, and since that loss EWU has won 7 out of their last 9. The high octane offense that EWU runs is going strong, a legit threat to the top of the Big Sky, but UND has developed into a tough defensive unit. 

While we cannot understate how big the Weber victory was for the team, it cannot get too high.  There is much more to be done.  A win against EWU gets that all critical tiebreaker against them and will help to solidify our hold on the 3rd spot a little bit more.  This weekend and next weekends game should finally start cleaning out the muck that is spots 3-9

Other Games:

UNC (5-6) @ Idaho (6-5)

PSU (4-6) @ ISU (6-4)

SAC (3-7) @ Weber (8-2)

SUU (2-9) @ Montana (9-2)

NAU (2-9) @ MSU (5-6)

The Call:

Good offense vs good defense.. something has got to give!  This will be another tight one for the team... and once again UND will find a way to steal a tough road game in Cheney.

UND 77-74

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Does anyone know if this game will be on Fox College Sports? I haven't seen anything, so I assume its only on the Big Sky TV. Anyone know for sure?

Big Sky TV only. They are really good up keeping the schedule on UNDSports.com up-to-date on how games are accessible and where they will be  shown.

What concerns me most about this game is fouls.  This is a big game on the road and I hope we don't get too pumped up and too aggressive on defense where we commit some silly fouls.  The crowd should be loud and if Crandell and others stay calm and don't get into foul trouble I believe we win this one.