SiouxSports.com Forum

If Big Ten Offers UND Should They Join?

Cratter

If Big Ten Offers UND Should They Join?  

256 members have voted

1. 1. If Big Ten hockey decides to expand and potentially offer UND, would you like UND to abandon the NCHC and join the Big Ten?

• No
    • Yes

1 minute ago, Blackheart said:

Is that the amount of time it takes him to put his Douche Canoe in the water? :)

Haha I was going to say no offense to the rest of you with that comment but didn't. I just wanted to make him rethink his statement a little

58 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

It's telling how bad the Gopher program is right now that this is all you have to hang your hat on. We have ended your season many, many times as well.

There are a few whackos here still trying to get mileage from Holy Cross, so I think it's fair game.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

It's telling how bad the Gopher program is right now that this is all you have to hang your hat on. We have ended your season many, many times as well.

It is telling how bad their program is when playing in the national championship game over us is all they have to hang their hat on. :blink:

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, burd said:

If UND joined the big ten, I would be a little worried that our boys would be awestruck going to those great big campuses in big cites.   We're talking multiple Olive Gardens in those places.

And no Valley Dairy.   

I can see why some here are reluctant to consider the possibilities 

1 hour ago, Shawn-O said:

There are a few whackos here still trying to get mileage from Holy Cross, so I think it's fair game.  

Agree, in fact I think that most of the response from gopher fans with the .6 is because of the constant ringing of Holy Cross in their ears. 

39 minutes ago, burd said:

If UND joined the big ten, I would be a little worried that our boys would be awestruck going to those great big campuses in big cites.   We're talking multiple Olive Gardens in those places.

And no Valley Dairy.   

No Valley Dairy?  Where would we get our hockey sticks from?

2 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

Minnesota losing to a far inferior opponent in the playoffs.......UND losing to a far inferior opponent in the playoffs.  I guess you may be right.  That is a pretty good comparison!! :)

• Upvote 3

On 2/4/2016 at 9:18 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

Have you seen attendance at the Kohl Center and Mariucci Arena this year (and the first two Big Ten years)? It is pathetic; how can the NCHC have poorer attendance than that? Only if you are counting tickets sold vs. actual butts in the seats.

And I don't care how big the hockey budgets are at Big Ten schools; it's getting results on the ice that matters. The fact that UND outperforms schools with bigger budgets on a regular basis proves that money does not equal championships. The Big Ten is currently not getting much bang for their buck.

UND in the Big Ten would weaken our program considerably and damage the special connection our fans have to the program.

Anyone else watching the Duluth-CC game? Lot of Duluth fans dressed in yellow plastic. 

21 hours ago, GFG said:

They haven't gotten this years yet, it'll be at the end of the year. But attendance looks very similar so far.

Attendance at Mariucci tonight looks about what it has been in all the games I've seen, and no way is that 75 percent full.

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This year's Duluth team is underachieving; it probably has the fans discouraged.

What was last years excuse for Duluth's empty arena? Or the excuse for every series this year? Including the games before anyone knew they would underachieve. Even Minnesota and North Dakota series there had plenty of open seats. And if Duluth is excused for pitiful attendance because they're not as good as they thought they would be 20 games into the season why doesn't Minnesota get that exemption for extreme underachieving last season and struggling with 10 freshman this season? I'm just curious to see your thoughts on it.

39 minutes ago, GFG said:

What was last years excuse for Duluth's empty arena? Or the excuse for every series this year? Including the games before anyone knew they would underachieve. Even Minnesota and North Dakota series there had plenty of open seats. And if Duluth is excused for pitiful attendance because they're not as good as they thought they would be 20 games into the season why doesn't Minnesota get that exemption for extreme underachieving last season and struggling with 10 freshman this season? I'm just curious to see your thoughts on it.

You are right, part of Minnesota's bad attendance is their poor performance on the ice. But I also hear from a lot of Gopher fans how much they HATE the Big Ten Hockey Conference. I actually feel bad for you guys being stuck in a weak 6 team conference and I hate not being on your schedule on a regular basis anymore.