SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS vs. CC Tigers - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

48 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

What was with that celebration by CC after that beautiful goal they scored? One of them was chipping pretty hard and taunting our guys. Anyone know what that was all about?

I saw that too...on their 5th goal to take the lead.  He didn't even celebrate at first, just immediately went to chirp-mode.  Pretty weak.

11 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I saw that too...on their 5th goal to take the lead.  He didn't even celebrate at first, just immediately went to chirp-mode.  Pretty weak.

Pretty weak? Seriously? When you (#18) are working a 4 point night (2G 2A) at the point, have been the best player on the ice by a long ways and your team has just scored 5 straight goals to erase a 4-0 deficit and you take the lead on the road I'd say you can say what you want until UND decides to stop you. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Pretty weak? Seriously? When you (#18) are working a 4 point night (2G 2A) at the point, have been the best player on the ice by a long ways and your team has just scored 5 straight goals to erase a 4-0 deficit and you take the lead on the road I'd say you can say what you want until UND decides to stop you. 

I guess it's just not my style.  I'd rather celebrate with my teammates instead of immediately taunting the opposition.

13 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I guess it's just not my style.  I'd rather celebrate with my teammates instead of immediately taunting the opposition.

I get your point.......there was quite a bit of chirping by both teams from the early big lead to thru the comeback.  

Un-related to the chirping, I watched the game down in Colorado Springs on local station KRDO and they had the Midco broadcast with Hammer and Brandt but during intermission went to C. Spgs sports guys and they did a story about Hunter Fejes and how, when he was a young boy, a road rage guy ran him and his mom off the road, they lost control of the car and rolled, and his mother later died from injuries. It was a really sad, touching story. So while I was pulling for UND, I felt good for Hunter and the great game he had. 

4 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Shouldn't he red shirt him then in order to save the year of eligibility or is it too late for that?

As a high NHL draft pick, i seriously doubt he plans on being at UND for 5 years so the redshirt option would be mute IMO.