SiouxSports.com Forum

Unofficially the Angry Birds

Cratter

Way cooler name. Make it happen. Someone make a shirt I'll buy one. 

This might be that "organic" name some people were looking for....

There's a lot of publicity to be had here.....

Whatever happens, UND really needs to seperate itself from the (hawks) pack!

What's made UND great? Its ability to not follow the crowd and blaze its own path...

(and thats why this name is sooooo disappointing...I hear hawks on the tv and its like owe "that hawks" :()

• Upvote 3

On 1/22/2016 at 10:25 PM, Cratter said:

Hate to break this to you...

...but you're a dying breed. Yeah I love "Sioux Forever" too, in fact my bucket list was to watch the "Sioux" win an ice hockey championship in person...I'm not very happy about how that will never ever happen (it started 15 years ago with my going to every Frozen Four as an 18 year old).. I can be bitter or I can change my bucket list...

Yea,  I don't think so..

I'm pretty good at predictions and I'm feeling pretty good about the Sioux name sticking around for a long time.  I don't think the shills, the mandated use the fighting Hawks once per press article policies, the in a given situation in a game-change the situation to be less conductive to Sioux fan chants, fear mongering of NCAA retribution for fans use,of Sioux name, Goons passion for jamming Fighting Hawks into every other sentence in his articles, and the shills and sheep narrating a pejorative in response to every spoken word of support for using the Sioux name- despite all of that I say it lives on very well...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, yababy8 said:

Yea,  I don't think so..

I'm pretty good at predictions and I'm feeling pretty good about the Sioux name sticking around for a long time.  I don't think the shills, the mandated use the fighting Hawks once per press article policies, the in a given situation in a game-change the situation to be less conductive to Sioux fan chants, fear mongering of NCAA retribution for fans use,of Sioux name, Goons passion for jamming Fighting Hawks into every other sentence in his articles, and the shills and sheep narrating a pejorative in response to every spoken word of support for using the Sioux name- despite all of that I say it lives on very well...

Watched on the Internet but I'm assuming that was the student section cheering Sioux Forever during the games over the past weekend? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Watched on the Internet but I'm assuming that was the student section cheering Sioux Forever during the games over the past weekend? 

No it was just the fans recognizing the last group of players to wear the Sioux Jersey.. oh.. wait...that was last years propaganda... disregard last statement....

...It was just a few misguided students doing those cheers in between killing babies and getting their swastikas touched up...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just ignore the name we had to have one but it doesn't have to define us  - there are many schools that don't use their nickname as their primary name - they use their school's name. "UND UND UND"....North Dakota North Dakota North Dakota - maybe UND will take the hint. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2016 at 9:50 PM, Goon said:

Well, Fighting Hawks is the nickname of UND's sports teams. Last time I checked, the Fighting Sioux nickname has been gone since 2012. Actually, I checked, and Virg, Schloss and Miller all use Fighting Hawks, too. Hadji does too. Why don't you call them out while you're at? 

Dude, seriously, the nickname is Fighting Hawks, what hell am I supposed to write? 

North Dakota or UND work too, but if you want to be an energetic little Fawks quisling then be my guest.

On 1/26/2016 at 0:38 AM, siouxfaninseattle said:

If any of you are in the crowd booing the new nickname, stop it. I dislike it as much as anyone, but booing your own team (which is essentially what you are doing) only drags out the whole fiasco. If you don't want to use it, fine. Just don't boo it.

YES!

The body is dead and buried.  Time to move on and live life.