SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to stay in Grand Forks

GeauxSioux

Since, we have a rather large family, we don't fit well in hotel rooms.  A couple of years ago we were attending a wedding in St. Paul and found it much cheaper to rent a house than stay in a hotel.  We found the house on VRBO (Vacation Rentals by Owner).  St. Paul had quite a few to choose from.  We were  going to visit Grand Forks over Christmas, so I checked to see if Grand Forks had any VRBO options.  We lucked out.  Grand Forks has one.  It fit us perfectly and had a garage, which is great in the winter when you are driving up from Florida.

If you are heading to GF and need a little room to spread out, I recommend checking this out.

VRBO usually has many selections in large cities, as some people can't rent out a home on a weekly basis and take home much more than a long term rental would.  Great for family gathering and usually cheaper and more convenient than hotels.  Used VRBO in Seattle and it was ideal for a large gathering and convenient to downtown.

• 1 year later...

Since the first VRBO that we went to was booked for our recent visit to GF, we stayed at a new one in the Aspen Lofts.  Great place and has an amenities building.  We were so busy that we didn't get to take advantage of that part, but the unit was great.  If you are going to stay in GF for a few nights, I recommend this place.

https://www.vrbo.com/999868

59 minutes ago, GeauxSioux said:

Since the first VRBO that we went to was booked for our recent visit to GF, we stayed at a new one in the Aspen Lofts.  Great place and has an amenities building.  We were so busy that we didn't get to take advantage of that part, but the unit was great.  If you are going to stay in GF for a few nights, I recommend this place.

https://www.vrbo.com/999868

Very nice unit.  Gets kind of pricey, though, after you add in the cleaning fee and the service fee.

40 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Very nice unit.  Gets kind of pricey, though, after you add in the cleaning fee and the service fee.

If you have enough people that you would need two hotel rooms, this works better for us.  The deposit gets reimbursed, so the only thing you are looking at is the standard rate plus tax and the cleaning fee.