SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (3-2) vs Montana (5-0)

SWSiouxMN

6 minutes ago, MadScout03 said:

As a coach you are supposed to be a leader and a role model. You can see his actions rubbing off on his players as some went through the handshake line and wouldn't even make eye contact with Montana's coach, didn't give him a head nod. Nothing.

Jones' actions at the end of the game were inappropriate and childish. Yes, his team just lost a close game. Yes, the non-call on the goaltending play is frustrating, but that one play isn't the only thing that went wrong. Suck it up, be a man, and be a good sport. I don't think the Montana coach wanted to stop and have tea and crumpets, but after a tough battle like that a mere pause to acknowledge a good game is appropriate.

Blair Walsh, on a much bigger stage, in a much bigger game, stuck around afterward to shake hands with the Seahawks players and coaches despite missing the biggest kick of his life, one that helped cost his team the season. If he can do it, so can Jones. 

U guys have probably had this discussion before, I'm not even surprised when jones does stuff like this.

• Upvote 1

With jones coaching and shanks starting we are at a 10 point deficit before the game starts

shanks should come off the bench

2 minutes played to start the game and three the second half, what's the point

• Upvote 1

The talent is there, and they know they can match up against the best. 

But... they got to put it together and finish against the good teams.  I look forward to the rematch in March.

3 winnable road games coming up for the team.  I'd like to get them all.  Bring these efforts at home on the road and I don't see why they cant.

Avants was huge, I don't understand Shanks and his inconsistencies. 

5 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

which folks think that?   I believe most folks feel he should be able to compose himself and be respectful for 10, 15 seconds in the handshake line.

This.  The winning coach in a great game like this usually pays his compliments to the losing coach, telling him how good they were, etc.  Jones didn't even give him the chance.  You could tell by the Griz coache's reaction that he usually doesn't have the opposing coach blow by him like that.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Jones was appropriate today given the scenario. 

What scenario?  The opposing team and handshake is separate from bad calls.  Have some class Jones.  Embarrassing to watch him during games walking all over the court, pretending to play defense, whining.  Sick of it.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Jones was appropriate today given the scenario. 

Why?  Nothing egregious happened to his team other than they couldn't score in the last 2 minutes.  Calls were appropriate by refs. 

It was a great college basketball game.  UND played well other than last few possessions when they couldn't score.

Just now, hoops44 said:

montana comes in and whines about getting the court they want when they want it....they act like UND should be honored to even play them....several posters here also bend down and worship montana

And then whine to the media about it. go figure.