SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (3-2) vs Montana (5-0)

SWSiouxMN

You wonder why Jones' teams have been called chokejobs? Because they are!

Jones provides no leadership at all. As soon as Montana regained the lead late in the game, Jones did nothing. He provided no guidance or direction and UND went ahead and just chucked up a poor shot while being more than flustered. Jones jumps up and down like a child not getting his way throughout the game; it's embarrassing for even the fans in the stands. 

Jones needs to go. UND can recruit top talent, and obviously that always helps, but having leadership from the head coach would help this team accomplish so much more. This whole lackluster coaching situation really is quite disappointing. I keep trying to go to games, support this program and hope Jones can come around, only to be cruely reminded time and again that Jones is not a good Divison I men's basketball coach. His lack of "likeness" is also troublesome. Throughout the game Bubba walks around and talks with everyone, only reminding everyone that Jones just doesn't have "it". 

Student-athletes played well and the turnout was great. Real disappointing result at the end. 

You guys are harsh today. Hawks played well against a team that is flying, and who was getting the majority of the calls and noncalls.  I mean when have you ever not seen a call when an opposing player jumps up and hangs on the rim and then releases only to cause the goal to shake after the shot is in the air?

i will call a spade a spade when it's merited. Today is not a day to crap on the team or coaching effort. 

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

You start to wonder sometimes, when you actually witness games, if there isn't a certain "Montana Rule" amongst BSC officials. Wow! Just Wow. 

Sorta like the ladies playing the Griz right now, with 60 seconds left, UND up by three. 

Refs call a technical on UND during the timeout. Announcers have no idea why.

Edit: Brew called a TO when he didn't have one.

Tremendous effort.  Once again we played with emotion and heart.  I think our biggest issue is that Shanks isn't very good. 90% of the time his hands are down by his knees and that makes him late making plays on both ends.  Avants played his heart out, but we need something out of Shanks, but its just not there.  Cashman in street clothes doesn't help.  So, No. 12 was the difference, overall  Montana played smart and got great production out of the post and from their quality depth.   I still think our team is an upgrade over last year's and it was a fun atmosphere today.

Side note...late in the game the football players started a "Lets Go Hawks" chant.  Thought that was interesting.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Cratter said:

Sorta like the ladies playing the Griz right now, with 60 seconds left, UND up by three. 

Refs call a technical on UND during the timeout. Announcers have no idea why.

Lady Hawks win!!!! Loyd with a lob put back with . 3 to play!!!!

• Upvote 1