SiouxSports.com Forum

Chinese spam threads

sprig

On 1/15/2016 at 8:09 AM, dakotadan said:

I just got my Ph.D. from Western Beijing Tech and it only took five minutes and a credit card! Almost as easy and just as credible as a degree from Fargo U. 

Now you can have those transcripts sent to Dickinson State!

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

No offense to anyone, but aren't college hockey boards just about the lowest of the low hanging fruit on the internet?  Kind of like a gang of heavily armed robbers targeting $1.00 stores?

Gunman robs Dollar Market

February 20, 2016
By PHIL TORRES - Staff Writer (ptorres@minotdailynews.com) , Minot Daily News
Save | Comments (8) | Post a comment |            

The Dollar Market at 1910 S. Broadway Street was robbed at gunpoint at 4:20 p.m. Friday.

The unnamed gunman, identified as a caucasian, was wearing a black hooded sweater with his face covered by a bandanna, according to eye-witness Bekka Beaufeaux.

The masked gunman asked a cashier for the money in the register. Witnesses said the cashier responded, "Pardon me?" The gunman then lifted his sweater to reveal his handgun.

Article Photos

630808_1.jpg

Mike Sasser/MDN
The Dollar Market at 1910 S. Broadway Street was robbed at gunpoint at 4:20 p.m. Friday. 

"The employees did an amazing job," said Beaufeaux.

About a half-dozen store patrons who were in the back of the store moved to the stockroom, including a seven-year-old child.

"I was really scared," said the young witness. "[Beaufeaux] was distracting me by playing games." Games like thumb wars and tic-tac-toe kept the girl preoccupied while the customers hid.

The police arrived at the store nine minutes after the 911 call was placed, according to eyewitnesses.

The masked gunman jumped into an old, blue sedan hidden behind a snowbank in the back alleyway of the Dollar Market and headed north, according to an eyewitness. No one was injured.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

No offense to anyone, but aren't college hockey boards just about the lowest of the low hanging fruit on the internet?  Kind of like a gang of heavily armed robbers targeting $1.00 stores?

The crazy thing is that I put in place new tests that pretty much confirm it's actual humans bothering to do the initial registration (though probably not the mass postings). That they still find it worth it, given how ridiculously low the return on that spam must be, proves how cheap labor is.

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Nine minutes?  Sounds like an eternity for an armed robbery in progress.

Good find, BTW. :) 

Actually that is about what it would take from the police station in Minot to that store at that time of the day.  My question with it is there is a grocery store right there, like three restaurants, a bank, a UPS store, a car dealership, and hotel.  Not to mention the businesses on the other side of the grocery store.  Why in the world of all of those places would you choose the dollar store?

10 minutes ago, siouxforeverbaby said:

Actually that is about what it would take from the police station in Minot to that store at that time of the day.  My question with it is there is a grocery store right there, like three restaurants, a bank, a UPS store, a car dealership, and hotel.  Not to mention the businesses on the other side of the grocery store.  Why in the world of all of those places would you choose the dollar store?

A witness called 911 and followed the suspects until police caught up to the vehicle. Police said they then attempted to stop the vehicle, but the two teens kept driving and a chase ensued through southwest Minot. Both suspects were then apprehended in the 1700 block of 13th Street SW.

Police said Massine was taken to the Ward County Jail where he faces felony charges of robbery and fleeing in a motor vehicle. The juvenile male was charged with felony robbery, refusal to halt and possession of marijuana drug paraphernalia. He was taken to the Ward County Juvenile Detention Facility.

Cause like that's where the dollars are, man.....

• 1 year later...