SiouxSports.com Forum

Litle Help with UND Jersey

Siouxper Kev

I need a little help identifying a game worn jersy I own.  I seen a picture if it in the new arena and the caption said it was 1995.  It is a green jersey with North Dakota printed on the front.  No other emblems are on it.  The jersey number is 29.  Can anyone tell me who wore the jersey and what year(s) this jersey was worn?  Thanks in advance for your help.

If it doesn't have a name on the back and a WCHA logo sewn on the chest, it's not a game-worn jersey -- ND's had these features on their jerseys since well into the Blackhawk jersey years.  The plain "North Dakota" jerseys were worn sometime around 1994-1995 for a couple years between when they banned the old Blackhawk logo and adopted the replacement geometric indian head logo uniforms.

It has the WCHA patch on it but no name.  I am 100% sure it is a game worn jersey since I got from someone within the athletic department.  It has the stick marks and all.  My thought was maybe for a time they just didn't put names on the backs of jerseys (i.e. like the NY Yankees).  

In any case just wondering if anyone knows who might have had the number 29 for those years.

By my list, 29 was only used twice:

Duane Hagness, 46-47

James Doyle, 47-48

Of course, I could be missing an entry or my list could be incorrect, but I did check pretty carefully.

Going through the photo archives, there were names on the "North Dakota" jerseys at some point in time.  Of course, that doesn't mean that there wasn't also a point when there weren't names.

• 4 weeks later...

The number 29 wasn't used in the mid-90s when they wore the new  "North Dakota" jerseys.  They don't wear jerseys for practice, so it's not a redshirt, and they use the same player numbers for their replica jerseys.  

Does it have a fighting strap?  Is it a CCM (embroidered logo) jersey?  Are the numbers on the sleeves as well as the back?  If all else fails, ask the person from the athletic department who's so sure it was game worn who actually wore it.