SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (2-2) vs MSU (2-2)

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

MSU with a quick 8-0 run. TO UND

71-57 UND

6:16 2nd

up 20 something and i think we had five straight possessions where we chucked up a three?

anyone else notice shanks giving it back to jones when jones yanked him after two to's in the first five minutes...

nice win but yeah msu either had a really bad night or they are just really really bad

11 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

after their first 30 games or so...

wilmer>shanks or shanks>wilmer

Pretty unfair comparison to both players. Carson started playing significant minutes the second semester of his RFr year after 1 1/2 years of sitting out.  Wilmer didn't play his 30th game until the 4th game of his junior season (4th season on the team). His RFr and So years he had 27 points and 27 rebounds total and then added 56 points and 56 rebounds his junior year. I like Mitch, he really blossomed his senior year but at this point, its not even a comparison.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i agree with you tho...shanks seems a little too easy to shake...have to remember he is still a soph but you keep waiting for that game where he maybe just figures it out

He lacks maturity on the floor for sure and needs to develop a better set of hands.

7 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

He lacks maturity on the floor for sure and needs to develop a better set of hands.

Of course he has things he needs to work on (as do the rest of the players), but that is how 7 footers end up at mid-majors. Luckily he has another 2.5 years to continue to improve and he's able to make very solid contributions while he does so. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I said RUNS less of an offense, as in the scheme.  Try reading.

never let the facts get in the way of your fire jones, he cannot coach narrative ....nothing more trollish than a rip job post in a thread where the team is playing well

Just now, hoops44 said:

never let the facts get in the way of your fire jones, he cannot coach narrative ....nothing more trollish than a rip job post in a thread where the team is playing well

Didn't get a response last night so you post the same thing again?  :silly:

Everyone else on here knows what I was saying.  High ball screen.......then nothing.  UND actually moved it well last night but MSU would set a screen and then looked at each other.  They ran nothing, essentially.  

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Everyone else on here knows what I was saying.  High ball screen.......then nothing.  UND actually moved it well last night but MSU would set a screen and then looked at each other.  They ran nothing, essentially.  

I really like when the guards keep handing the ball off to each other at the top of the three point line. Reminds me of hockey setting up a power play behind their own net. 

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Perhaps Montana State was having difficulty with their perimeter screening, because of how UND was defending it?   That may be a novel concept for you. With so many players with limited college game time this year, how as a fan did we not expect to experience growing pains at points during the season? I've made my peace early this season, that there are going to be moments of shear frustration, as they figure things out sometimes sadly the hard way, and sometimes showing they are actually getting it. 

I for one did see a pretty good offensive attack last night.  Many times the extra pass was made to get to a better shot.  The other thing I learned, is that if Crandall can begin to replicate that performance on regular basis- all of a sudden this team has given itself far better chances moving forward.  Also, Seales has shown the ability to find his game at the right moments late, to get our 2 wins at home.  I notice you weren't on here afterwards after the win against Eastern Washington giving the staff props for adjusting to the Eastern Washington zone and inserting Seales to work in the post and get catches in the lane where he can go to work and be his most effective.  Last year, the team gave us all reasons to complain. Can't deny that...and the vitriol lobbed in their direction after last year, is for the most part deserved.   But this year when I go to games, I see a team that is really trying to be just that---a team. Sometimes successfully, sometimes not as much- but I look at this group as a bunch of players that have some good talent at least trying to figure it out.   Offensively, last night I thought it worked.  And the other thing I've noticed is that this team is starting to buy in on the defensive end.  You don't see that with a lot of teams that come in here from our conference.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

amazing how many points teams score without running anything...Which we were all privy to every offensive scheme that every team UND has in their playbook like you claim to be ...ha ha.   Better to come in here and whine during a losing game thread ...a little more understandable

6 minutes ago, the green team said:

Perhaps Montana State was having difficulty with their perimeter screening, because of how UND was defending it?   That may be a novel concept for you. With so many players with limited college game time this year, how as a fan did we not expect to experience growing pains at points during the season? I've made my peace early this season, that there are going to be moments of shear frustration, as they figure things out sometimes sadly the hard way, and sometimes showing they are actually getting it. 

You're right.  They couldn't even get setup because UND's defense was so good.  And don't talk to me about concepts of basketball, I fully understand what is going on during a basketball game.  Basketball is about as simple as it's ever been these days.  

My point was about MSU and their lack of any semblance of an offense last night, I didn't say anything bad about UND.  BJ's guys played very well and looked like a team.

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

You're right.  They couldn't even get setup because UND's defense was so good.  And don't talk to me about concepts of basketball, I fully understand what is going on during a basketball game.  Basketball is about as simple as it's ever been these days.  

My point was about MSU and their lack of any semblance of an offense last night, I didn't say anything bad about UND.  BJ's guys played very well and looked like a team.

Hit a close to the mark, did I?   

3 minutes ago, the green team said:

Hit a close to the mark, did I?   

I don't understand.  I said nothing about UND or Jones.  I made a comment about MSU and somehow it turned into me addressing UND?

What you said is fine and true, good job.  Not sure why you addressed it at me.

You implied that we don't run an offense. "Finally found a team that runs less of an offense than we do"   From what I've seen this year, I don't view that to be the case.  I thought last night was a good example of that, as well as the last couple of games, which includes the loss to Idaho.  I freely admit that I am no basketball expert.  I just like going to games and watching.  I basically on a rare occasion  share  what I observe. Now that's not to say what I observe and what others observe will be the same.  But anytime someone retorts "don't tell me about the concepts of basketball"  which basically means "I know a lot about basketball-- wayyyy more than you",  which I always find to be a funny claim by any poster, because this an anonymous forum, maybe a person does, or maybe a person doesn't.  It's fine if you do know more by the way, you most likely do... but is it ok if I still attend games tho?