SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Weber

SWSiouxMN

Since UND has joined the Big Sky, UND has beaten every Big Sky team in the league... expect 1.  A big opportunity for this young team to go out to Utah and come away with a  huge Big Sky road win and finally beat Weber!

Going to take a huge effort to slow down the potent combo of Senglin and Bolomboy. 

In other Big Sky action

Northern Colorado (1-1, 4-10)  travels to Idaho State (0-1, 5-8)

Portland State (1-0, 5-7) travels to Montana (2-0, 7-6)

Sacramento State (0-1, 7-5) travels to Montana State (1-1, 6-8)

Idaho, EWU, SUU, and NAU are OFF. 

5 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Since UND has joined the Big Sky, UND has beaten every Big Sky team in the league... expect 1.  A big opportunity for this young team to go out to Utah and come away with a  huge Big Sky road win and finally beat Weber!

Going to take a huge effort to slow down the potent combo of Senglin and Bolomboy. 

In other Big Sky action

Northern Colorado (1-1, 4-10)  travels to Idaho State (0-1, 5-8)

Portland State (1-0, 5-7) travels to Montana (2-0, 7-6)

Sacramento State (0-1, 7-5) travels to Montana State (1-1, 6-8)

Idaho, EWU, SUU, and NAU are OFF. 

Bolomboy is still there? Damn. He is the guy to try and get him off his game. Big task especially on the road, if Jones needs a step to save the season and his job knocking off Weber at their place is the way to do it. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

Bolomboy is still there? Damn. He is the guy to try and get him off his game. Big task especially on the road, if Jones needs a step to save the season and his job knocking off Weber at their place is the way to do it. 

Save the season?

Take a lap.

• Upvote 2

Big Sky Team Rebounds Statistics - 2015-16

Statistics: Scoring | Rebounds | Field-goals | Free-throws | 3-points | Assists | Steals | Blocks
Season:  2015-162014-152013-142012-132011-122010-112009-102008-092007-082006-072005-062004-052003-042002-032001-02
Conference:  ---- NCAA ----A 10A-SunACCAm. EastAmericanBig 12Big EastBig SkyBig SouthBig TenBig WestC-USACAAHorizonIndep.IvyMAACMACMEACMVCMWNECOVCPac-12PatriotSECSouthernSouthlandSummitSun BeltSWACWACWCC

REBOUNDS PER GAME LEADERS

RK TEAM GP OFF ORPG DEF DRPG REB RPG
1 North Dakota 13 128 9.8 369 28.4 497 38.2
2 Weber State 12 110 9.2 346 28.8 456 38.0

11 hours ago, hoops44 said:

Looks like Hobaugh and Cashman out of rotation...I would rather see Cashman in at the 5 vs Avants.

I agree 100% on Cashman over Avants for playing time in the front court, Cashman has not played now for like 2+ games.  My understanding on that though is it will soon come out that it's to do with a non on the court issue.  I believe that's so but don't quote me.  It has to be something like that as Cashman, while not a super freshman, had a respectable first season for a big man on a not so good team last season.  So, it makes no sense this season he would suddenly be riding the pine now 100% of the time (yeah, yeah I know Jones is the coach but ...). 

7 hours ago, GDPritch said:

I agree 100% on Cashman over Avants for playing time in the front court, Cashman has not played now for like 2+ games.  My understanding on that though is it will soon come out that it's to do with a non on the court issue.  I believe that's so but don't quote me.  It has to be something like that as Cashman, while not a super freshman, had a respectable first season for a big man on a not so good team last season.  So, it makes no sense this season he would suddenly be riding the pine now 100% of the time (yeah, yeah I know Jones is the coach but ...). 

Ok with Avants seeing the court at the 4 but he is not built to play D1 5

Hopefully we can keep throwing bigs at Bolomboy and make him work for his.  Would like to see Collins in more to use his athleticism and body to play more defense.  Between Shanks, Collins, Cashman (hopefully), Avants, and Drick, they should be able to make him work some. Plus, he's not a great FT shooter.  Geno has done a good job on other teams #1 guard.  I presume he will get the task again, with some of the work going to Q (if he gets into foul trouble), and Baldwin and Seales picking up the slack.  I'm looking for another good game, and hoping for a win.

12 minutes ago, homer said:

Hopefully better free throw shooting and strong 2nd half adjustments.  I think we'll be in it, team needs to learn to finish.  

I agree and to add I believe we will be in every Big Sky game this year.  I think every game win or lose will be under 10 points and as mentioned many times a free throw could decide the games.  Also,  Cashman should play at least 10-15 minutes a game as he brings a lot of energy and a rough style of game that we need down low.

1 hour ago, hoops44 said:

the only thing we know for sure that is if UND loses the fire jones thread will be live 

I think that thread has ran its course and will be back up if Jones is coaching past this season. In the meantime people will continue their frustration about him in game threads.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-basketball/3918901-mens-basketball-und-hopes-beat-weber-state-first-time-joining-big-sky

MEN'S BASKETBALL: UND hopes to beat Weber State for the first time since joining the Big Sky

“We want to establish ourselves as a premier program,” said UND freshman guard Geno Crandall. “This is a great opportunity to do that. We know that if we play the right way and handle our business we can play with any team.”

The team has high aspirations.  Which I think is a good thing.

• Upvote 1