SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Baseball Season

dakotadan

6 minutes ago, homer said:

Not sure where we are ranked with the RPI but according to this poll there is a group that thinks we are the #45th ranked team in the country.

http://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/news/2016/poll160222.html

That will change but still a great honor for the guys after a fantastic week of baseball.  

We aren't 45th, the other teams that got votes are in alphabetical order, so we are 31-55th.

11 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I don't think dropping baseball is the answer. I would look to swimming and diving first as this would create less title 9 headaches. Also, I can't imagine S&D brings in much revenue. 

Lastly, to address the weather and short spring season: Wasn't there a proposal floating around that would allow the season to begin in the fall, and then resume again in the spring? I thought I read something about this recently.

Great season opener!

S&D certainly don't bring in much "revenue" (tennis too) but that ain't the case (look at women's ice hockey) when it comes to college athletics and balancing act with title 9.  I like your fall/spring point though.

3 hours ago, northernraider said:

UND plays 'Bama this weekend.  All three games will be available on SEC Network and WatchESPN

My Directv guide doesn't show UND@Alabama this weekend on SEC Network. Its college basketball, unless its on the its on the SEC Network Alternate channel 611-1 as that says To Be Announced in the timeslots.

6 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

My Directv guide doesn't show UND@Alabama this weekend on SEC Network. Its college basketball, unless its on the its on the SEC Network Alternate channel 611-1 as that says To Be Announced in the timeslots.

http://secsports.go.com/tv-schedule/_/date/20160226

appears to be on SEC Alternative