SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky 2015-16

bincitysioux

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 5:25 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Unfortunately, that old model will almost certainly lead to disappointment in the BSC tournament. They need to string together one road trip sweep and winout at home; that would both allow UND to finish top 2 and prove they can be the best team in the conference on a neutral floor in Reno. 

And even that might not be enough to get a top 2 spot.  This is where dropping the UNC game hurt the most. 

Unless UND wins the league or something crazy happens in the BSC playoffs, they will more than likely have to go through Weber and Montana to get to the dance. Watch for EWU, they have the guards and post (Jois) that can give Weber and Montana fits as well.

I am more concerned about solidifying that top 4 seed.  If UND happen to pass Montana or Weber along the way... so be it.  

Just have to take it one game at a time.  Beat Eastern

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

And even that might not be enough to get a top 2 spot.  This is where dropping the UNC game hurt the most. 

Unless UND wins the league or something crazy happens in the BSC playoffs, they will more than likely have to go through Weber and Montana to get to the dance. Watch for EWU, they have the guards and post (Jois) that can give Weber and Montana fits as well.

I am more concerned about solidifying that top 4 seed.  If UND happen to pass Montana or Weber along the way... so be it.  

Just have to take it one game at a time.  Beat Eastern

Or the loss to Montana, or the one to Idaho. BOTH AT HOME!!!:angry:

But agree with your last statement! 

Remaining schedule: (records are conference games except the home/away records)

at EWU 7-4   (8-0 home)  W4

at Idaho 6-5 (6-4 home) L1

vs UNC 5-6 (2-7 away) L2

vs PSU 4-6  (3-8 away) L1

vs Sac St 3-7 (3-7 away)  L1

at UM 9-2 (8-1 home) W1

at MSU 5-6 (4-3 home) W1

UND is 7-4 at home and 4-5 away and have won 2 straight.

Pretty tough road trips with EWU, and UM, but an easy (or should be an easy) home schedule. UND should finish the regular season at least 5-2 with the way they are playing, any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Going to be the #1 storyline going into Reno

WeberStateMBB@WeberStateMBB 5h5 hours ago

Weber State's Joel Bolomboy has a bone bruise on his left knee. He is undergoing rehab and there is no timetable for his return. #WeAreWeber

UND held him in check at the Betty, but I would feel a lot more confident about beating Weber in the conference tourney without him, he will probably be ready though 

Edited by F'n Hawks

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

My guess it is Big Sky TV only.  Altitude covered the semis of the Big Sky Tourney up until about 5 yeas ago.  You'd think the predetermined site would make it more attractive for an Altitude, Root, or Fox Net to pick up the semis again, but haven't seen anything.

I was hoping for Root since they do BSC football, but I guess basketball is different.

• 1 month later...