SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes the Merchandise

burronation

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol did I? Where? He clearly questioned mine because I don't like the look of that shirt. I'm just trying to get in the "true fan" club. Do I have to buy this shirt?? If I do buy the shirt, does that mean I don't have to change my forum name? Just trying to get on board, to make my life better.

You told him to change his forum name. I get told that by certain people all the time. And I don't take kindly to it.

• Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You told him to change his forum name. I get told that by certain people all the time. And I don't take kindly to it.

He questioned my choice to continue to wear Sioux gear, but I can't question his use of Sioux in his forum name. Got it. Alright, good. Writing this down... Sioux shirt = bad life, not true fan... Sioux forum name = good life, true fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

He questioned my choice to continue to wear Sioux gear, but I can't question his use of Sioux in his forum name. Got it. Alright, good. Writing this down... Sioux shirt = bad life, not true fan... Sioux forum name = good life, true fan.

You're such a victim. How do you even cope. :(

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Let's argue if a tails is better than the "state side of a quarter." 

Or a head, but we all know the heads win. Its the only consistant traditional part we all love. 

Will you use the "new state quarters" or only use the tail side of a traditional when buying that coke?

I just love the quarter for its all purpose beauty. 

**channeling my inner fetch**

26 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

He never questioned wearing Sioux gear (I think he will always wear Sioux gear). He was talking about how some people are vowing to never, ever accept any other name but Fighting Sioux. And he was questioning the logic of that.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

He never questioned wearing Sioux gear (I think he will always wear Sioux gear). He was talking about how some people are vowing to never, ever accept any other name but Fighting Sioux. And he was questioning the logic of that.

He directly said YOU will live a better life. I think my frustrated response was completely fair. This all came about after I said I didn't like THAT shirt. Then, five posts later, I said I liked a particular shirt. My response was a direct response to having my fandom and loyalty question because I didn't like a flippin shirt. That is just wrong and rude.

I am a newer UND fan. I respect the history of the Sioux name, and the honor that was bestowed upon UND.  With the debacle that has been the nickname process, especially the final phase to get the name, fans can still have input and possibly create a change.  I think the final committee failed by not picking a UNIQUE name.  I have already written all the emails to the necessary people, respectfully, stating what I believe.  I will not buy any new logo merchandise, unless it just amazes me.  I will continue to buy UND gear.  As fans, if the majority keeps speaking, respectfully, to try and attain a new nickname, it is possible that a new one could come about.  (Bad part is we may have to endure another "process" at some point in time)  On the other hand, if it becomes embraced by the majority, I will come to accept it.  I WON'T LIKE IT, BUT I WILL ACCEPT IT. (uh, I sound like my old man)  Anyway, it has happened before.  But for now we are the F'n Hawks, I kind of like that usage.  Let's see a logo and see what happens.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, niouxsiouxfan said:

I am a newer UND fan. I respect the history of the Sioux name, and the honor that was bestowed upon UND.  With the debacle that has been the nickname process, especially the final phase to get the name, fans can still have input and possibly create a change.  I think the final committee failed by not picking a UNIQUE name.  I have already written all the emails to the necessary people, respectfully, stating what I believe.  I will not buy any new logo merchandise, unless it just amazes me.  I will continue to buy UND gear.  As fans, if the majority keeps speaking, respectfully, to try and attain a new nickname, it is possible that a new one could come about.  (Bad part is we may have to endure another "process" at some point in time)  On the other hand, if it becomes embraced by the majority, I will come to accept it.  I WON'T LIKE IT, BUT I WILL ACCEPT IT. (uh, I sound like my old man)  Anyway, it has happened before.  But for now we are the F'n Hawks, I kind of like that usage.  Let's see a logo and see what happens.

Careful.... Be. Careful. ;)

I'd just like to point out something, with all this speculation about a new logo how do we know that the athletic department will actually use it? Let me illustrate this with some pictures. Notice the one thing all these helmets have in common, no logo, just a monogram or name. Most sports don't actually have a good area on the uniform to display a new logo to begin with. Hockey arguably has the best jersey for displaying a school's logo and very few schools, even ones with good logos, are doing that currently. So despite all this back and forth over the new logo, which I will admit I am pretty pessimistic about them coming up with something unique, given the current trend among universities in how they brand themselves aren't logos and nicknames become less important? University of North Dakota may end up spending a lot of money on a logo that seldom gets used.

70756b_lg.jpeg

Griz-Football-Season-Tickets.jpg

marshallxphelmet.jpg.png

minnesota-helmet.jpg w=150&h=115.jpg

new-harvard-football-uniforms-4.jpg

ole-miss-helmet-1995-current.gif

Wisconson.png

3 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

I'd just like to point out something, with all this speculation about a new logo how do we know that the athletic department will actually use it? Let me illustrate this with some pictures. Notice the one thing all these helmets have in common, no logo, just a monogram or name. Most sports don't actually have a good area on the uniform to display a new logo to begin with. Hockey arguably has the best jersey for displaying a school's logo and very few schools, even ones with good logos, are doing that currently. So despite all this back and forth over the new logo, which I will admit I am pretty pessimistic about them coming up with something unique, given the current trend among universities in how they brand themselves aren't logos and nicknames become less important? University of North Dakota may end up spending a lot of money on a logo that seldom gets used.

70756b_lg.jpeg

Griz-Football-Season-Tickets.jpg

marshallxphelmet.jpg.png

minnesota-helmet.jpg w=150&h=115.jpg

new-harvard-football-uniforms-4.jpg

ole-miss-helmet-1995-current.gif

Wisconson.png

When UND was the Fighting Sioux, the helmets never had the Sioux logo just the interlocking ND. It's been that way since like the 60's or so. Basketball had the Sioux name and a little Indian head on the shorts, hockey is where the logo stood out. Just wait until the word Hawks start to overtake buildings like the Alerus and soon the Betty and REA. They could have a Hawk on the ice or on the scoreboard but when UND takes control of the building (I think it's the end of the next decade) the Hawk logo will be more seen than ever. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 12/18/2015 at 10:28 AM, burronation said:

Look south...is a Bison, by today's standards which is not much different than a domesticated cow and that the fan base doesn't even pronounce the name right, a good nickname?  

Yes, it is a very good nickname. 

On 12/18/2015 at 5:48 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

I know Siouxperfan7 personally and I know this man is a passionate and loyal supporter of all things UND. So please don't question his loyalty or commitment to our programs.

Haha, really? You his big brother? 

So why is it okay for him to question the loyalty or commitment of fans who acknowledge that F'n Hawks is a horrible, generic junior high nickname? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/18/2015 at 4:56 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

The athletes you are cheering for are Fighting Hawks.  Very soon, none of the UND athletes will have ever played under the name Fighting Sioux.  Their identity will be the Fighting Hawks.  You can choose to support whatever you want.  But as for me, I am going to cheer for the Fighting Hawks because that is the identity of the team, the players, and the school that is playing.  It will change for you, like you said, eventually.  Same goes for other fans.  whether it is a day, a month, a year, or longer.  but jsut remember that delaying the process isn't going to change the result.  The sooner you accept the new name and eventual logo, the better off you will be.  It is going to happen eventually.  Might as well make the effort to make it sooner.

No, they are University of North Dakota student athletes. And that is how I will cheer on and support them. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Wow didn't think one comment could get people so much on the offensive!! Ok. Let me see if I can clarify. I am not saying that you should like the original Fightihg Hawks shirt that was posted. I am a fan of a lot if sports teams. And there is apparel I would never wear because it just isn't appealing to me. What I am talking about is people that are going to wearing their Sioux gear to games while the majority in the building (including the athletes) will be wearing Fighting Hawks apparel. I get it. Some people don't like the name. I didn't vote for it. I wanted something different. Heck, I was like everyone else who wanted the Sioux name to remain. But it's time to accept reality. He name is not going anywhere. My point is embracing it instead of fighting it is going to be better for everyone in the long run. 

Side note: my screen name is paying tribute to a group of my closest friends when we were in college who attended countless Sioux games together. We names out group the "Siouxperfans". One of the best times of my life. Still close friends with those guys today. So I am going to keep the name. 

• Upvote 1