SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes the Merchandise

burronation

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I like it.  Start out with the text version and move on to the logo.  Simple and clean.

Yuck. That font is no good. My guess is that that font won't be connected to the official logo. Just random letters slapped on to get a couple shirts sold.

Color me optimistic, but I am looking forward to see what they come up with for a new logo. Although I am nervous of it being horrendously generic, I think it does have a lot of potential.

• Upvote 1

It just seem fake when you see it. Like it really is some cruel joke. Oh well, glad I still have my Sioux gear.

I hope the new logo is legit and not just something generic. Then again, I was hoping the new nickname was going to be something legit and not just something generic. :glare:

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I am not as cool as some on here.  I have accepted it and am in a good place.    

"Cool" or not, I think that shirt looks terrible. It's a font thing, not a name thing. You seem to have left out the line directly following saying that I am hopeful for a new logo looking good.

20 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Don't feel bad, I bought a shirt from a different vendor already. Oddly enough, the world didn't end when I put it on.

And someone said that it would? C'mon. What's so hard to understand about people not wanting to buy the new gear? It may be an easy transition for you, but for others, it is not.

21 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Store. It was from a licensed vendor, however I believe this shirt was more or less something that was done so they could have some merchandise with the new nickname. Price was right on it.

That was definitely the logic that some people would have you believe. I mean people literally compared it to the death of a loved one among some other analogies that I'm not going to bother repeating. I never it said it was an easy transition, I personally have an unhealthy amount of the things in my house with the Brien logo (and older ones) proudly displayed. However pretending the new nickname and logo doesn't exist isn't going to change the reality of the situation.

Pretending it doesn't exist and not buying a shirt with a new name on it are completely different ideas. Despite having full understanding that this name is going nowhere, I still think that shirt looks like garbage and won't buy it. Looks like something they just slapped together for Christmas to make some extra money. Not a good first impression, for me.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

It just seem fake when you see it. Like it really is some cruel joke. Oh well, glad I still have my Sioux gear.

I hope the new logo is legit and not just something generic. Then again, I was hoping the new nickname was going to be something legit and not just something generic. :glare:

Looks as legit as this

41jOdvN0PnL.jpg

• Upvote 1