SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

On 1/6/2017 at 10:51 AM, UND-1 said:

For the last time, Mafe is not coming here (barring a 180 in his thought process).  He wants to play with this two teammates and all three need to find a school that wants to give up 3 scholarships to them.  UND is not doing that.  

I will say that if he didn't want to play with his teammates UND would have had a good shot at getting him, from what I was told.

For what it is worth, Deyon Campbell and Malik Lofton both committed to SDSU. Mafe appears to be uncommitted, though continues to hold an offer from SDSU (per 247). Either he is waiting to commit, or he is seriously looking elsewhere. Looks like the UofM and Rutgers are both looking at him (appears to have offers from both).

13 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

For what it is worth, Deyon Campbell and Malik Lofton both committed to SDSU. Mafe appears to be uncommitted, though continues to hold an offer from SDSU (per 247). Either he is waiting to commit, or he is seriously looking elsewhere. Looks like the UofM and Rutgers are both looking at him (appears to have offers from both).

It all changed when Rutgers offered and Minnesota came back in.  Now he is more than likely going FBS.  

2 hours ago, UND-1 said:

It all changed when Rutgers offered and Minnesota came back in.  Now he is more than likely going FBS.  

I'd assume MN, not sure why you would want to go to Rutgers. They are pretty awful. At least MN, has has "some" success over the past few seasons. It'll be interesting to see what Fleck can bring to the table.

My biggest concern at this point is getting some more O-Line in. Hopefully that will be the story of the weekend for the football program. Not sure who will be on campus, but looking forward to some good news.

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'd assume MN, not sure why you would want to go to Rutgers. They are pretty awful. At least MN, has has "some" success over the past few seasons. It'll be interesting to see what Fleck can bring to the table.

My biggest concern at this point is getting some more O-Line in. Hopefully that will be the story of the weekend for the football program. Not sure who will be on campus, but looking forward to some good news.

There should be some beef on campus this weekend.  

Per SFI, this is who we can expect on campus this weekend:

• Noah Larson (commit) ILB – Baraboo HS – Baraboo, WI
  • Ty Shannon (commit) S – Ralston Valley HS – Arvada, CO
  • Wil Prine (commit) OL – Lewis Central HS – Council Bluffs, IA
  • Kyle Hietpas (commit) CB – Little Chute HS – Little Chute, WI
  • Mikey Griebel (commit) WR – Columbine HS – Littleton, CO
  • Ezekiel Ott (commit) DE – Caledonia HS – Caledonia, MN
  • Bryden Swenson (commit) OLB – KCC HS – Hallock, MN
  • Dontae Bull – OL – Belmont HS – Victoria, British Columbia
  • Israel Adeoti – WR – Plano HS – Plano, IL
  • Eric Rousemiller – OL – Lakeville South HS – Lakeville, MN
  • Austin Lohsandt – OL – Madison HS – Madison, SD

Great to see some of the names that are already committed. Especially Ott, hopefully he had a great visit, to prevent any though of moving to the Goofers.

Love that Dontae Bull will be on campus, since he committed to Fresno St; Maybe a switch?!?!. Glad to see Rousemiller will be here as well, I believe it is us or a PWO at the U. Hope to hear of a commitment this weekend. Love the focus on OL, but will be excited to hear about whoever commits. 

Can anyone shed some light on what happens on these recruiting weekends? I assume they tour campus and the facilities, and meet with some of the players and coaches. Will they be taken to the hockey game? I only ask because it seems like a good recruiting too ... not to watch hockey but to see the Ralph, get the experience, see the fan base, etc.

21 minutes ago, nodakhoops said:

Saw OL Bull from Canada is visiting. Would be unreal get for UND IMO. Guys that size should not be able to move like that. Surprised he doesn't have P5 offers.

Has already verballed to Fresno State and had an offer from San Diego State, would be a huge get for UND. UND has been on him for a while, so that can't hurt.

Rousemiller is just an absolute beast, would love to get a commitment from him.

37 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

I just looked at the SFI list and Lohsandt wasn't on it.  Must have been updated.  

Still need at least two more OL.  

Maybe he cancelled?  All indications I had was that he would be in Grand Forks, but you never know.

EDIT:  SDSU lost an OL commit to the Badgers, so maybe.....