SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Was he planning to visit UND? Too bad, like you said, need some of these OL to commit.

According to the wiki, Bull and Rousemiller are the only two OL offers who haven't committed anywhere yet. Henningsen has verballed to walk on at Wisconsin. Of course, there are probably others not listed on the wiki

It's been mentioned before that our recruiting classes have been progressing every year so far under Bubba. In looking back at the last four classes, including the one we are currently assembling, it would appear that scout/rivals/247 agree. The current class has 8 players with at least 2* so far. The 2016 class had 5. The 2015 class had 0. The 2014 class had 2.  Keep in mind, obviously, that players like Santiago, Wanzek, Tank Harris, Deion Harris, Mason Bennett, and Alex Cloyd had 0* next to their name. Either way, our classes are getting better and better and our team is getting deeper and deeper as a result. 

Recruiting on the upswing with Bubba and staff...will be interesting to see how they integrate JJ into the offense!!! First thing I check on this site is football and/or recruiting news.....Wild did not play last night, but Flyers lost....so a good NHL night nonetheless !!!!!

9 minutes ago, John W. said:

Recruiting on the upswing with Bubba and staff...will be interesting to see how they integrate JJ into the offense!!! First thing I check on this site is football and/or recruiting news.....Wild did not play last night, but Flyers lost....so a good NHL night nonetheless !!!!!

So, you hate UND hockey but like UND football. Or atleast that's what you want us to believe. 

• Upvote 1

Still waiting for some more OL guys. Really hope we hear something soon. With Rousenmiller only having an offer from us and a PWO from the Goofs, I was hoping he would having committed. I wonder if he will be visiting soon, and we may hear something the.

I also wonder if the coaches have reached out to any of the recruits the gophers have recently let go. I know there was a big OL who's offer was pulled last weekend.

8 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Nice to get North Dakota kids. Do we ever get anyone from Grand Forks/East Grand Forks? Maybe there aren't ever any.

It's been 5+ years unless I'm missing somebody.  We were after a couple last year, one (LB) went to ndsu and the other (WR) went DII basketball.

Dear Bemidj Bang....I didn't mention Fighting Hawk hockey....just said ...."glad Flyers lost'.  I like hockey...Hope Bemidji State does well....Hope UMD does well...Hope Fighting Hawks do well.....what I,don't like is winning with arrogance.....Exhibiting confidence is fine....but you can demonstrate confidence with a touch of humility !!!!!!  Brad Berry seems like he's cut with the same cloth as Bubba...

I have a friend from Philly....their media and fans are not a patient lot!!!!!

8 minutes ago, John W. said:

Dear Bemidj Bang....I didn't mention Fighting Hawk hockey....just said ...."glad Flyers lost'.  I like hockey...Hope Bemidji State does well....Hope UMD does well...Hope Fighting Hawks do well.....what I,don't like is winning with arrogance.....Exhibiting confidence is fine....but you can demonstrate confidence with a touch of humility !!!!!!  Brad Berry seems like he's cut with the same cloth as Bubba...

I have a friend from Philly....their media and fans are not a patient lot!!!!!

You cannot make this statement with any credibility and be a fan of Minnesota gopher hockey...  Period!

2 minutes ago, nodakhoops said:

Renolds is a tackling machine. Always around the football. 

Mauch from Hankinson, Hankey from Park River and Jepson from Killeer are some others that I don't think have committed yet.

I would like getting any of those three as PWOs. Mauch and Jepson have great builds and athleticism that projects well. From what I saw from the Hankey kid, great insticts, versatile, and knows how to use his strength on the field.  

14 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

It's been mentioned before that our recruiting classes have been progressing every year so far under Bubba. In looking back at the last four classes, including the one we are currently assembling, it would appear that scout/rivals/247 agree. The current class has 8 players with at least 2* so far. The 2016 class had 5. The 2015 class had 0. The 2014 class had 2.  Keep in mind, obviously, that players like Santiago, Wanzek, Tank Harris, Deion Harris, Mason Bennett, and Alex Cloyd had 0* next to their name. Either way, our classes are getting better and better and our team is getting deeper and deeper as a result. 

Glad to see that no one is underhandedly bashing recruiting rankings when you post them.  We're making progress around here.

I think 247 does the best job.  On 247 all D1 athletes are at least a 2 star, so all UND scholarship football players on 247 at a 2 star - at least if they have been graded by a recruiting ranker.

This year the only 3 stars we have this year is Ott, we have none for 2014-2016.  NDSU has four total over the last three years.  It is rare for FCS schools to sign 3 stars.  

28 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

I think 247 does the best job.  On 247 all D1 athletes are at least a 2 star, so all UND scholarship football players on 247 at a 2 star - at least if they have been graded by a recruiting ranker.

This year the only 3 stars we have this year is Ott, we have none for 2014-2016.  NDSU has four total over the last three years.  It is rare for FCS schools to sign 3 stars.  

Would love to see us pick up another one though. Stars are just projections of potential until the kid proves himself at the next level, but I'll take as many good projections as I can get.

I'm pretty sure MT just picked up a 3 start recruit yesterday, over 2 or 3 FBS offers. Who knows, maybe there is still hope for Flowers (probably wishful thinking) but is listed as 3 star on the Wiki

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Still waiting for some more OL guys. Really hope we hear something soon. With Rousenmiller only having an offer from us and a PWO from the Goofs, I was hoping he would having committed. I wonder if he will be visiting soon, and we may hear something the.

I also wonder if the coaches have reached out to any of the recruits the gophers have recently let go. I know there was a big OL who's offer was pulled last weekend.

Based on the reason they were let go why would we want the former gophers on campus? I don't see them fitting into Bubba's philosophy on integrity and character. However, I do believe in second chances and I guess that's up to the staff to decide. 

14 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Based on the reason they were let go why would we want the former gophers on campus? I don't see them fitting into Bubba's philosophy on integrity and character. However, I do believe in second chances and I guess that's up to the staff to decide. 

I was talking about O-Line recruits that had committed, not current players...kids that are still in HS. I know there was an O-Line that had been recruited to the Gophers, who Fleck decided he didn't want. Kid was pretty upset, because Fleck didn't call him to tell him they were retracting his offer, some recruiting assistant told him.

Given how late it is in the recruiting process, the kid certainly has reason to be upset, never know what else he may have passed up to take the initial Gopher offer. 

I agree, I would question the integrity or character of some of the Gopher players (on a case by case basis), but not a kid that was recruited and caught the bad end of a coaching change.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jimmie-Terry-23713

https://www.landof10.com/minnesota/minnesota-doesnt-want-2017-ol-jimmie-terry-two-recruits-decommit-gophers

3 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Nice to get North Dakota kids. Do we ever get anyone from Grand Forks/East Grand Forks? Maybe there aren't ever any.

When Mike Berg was coaching at GFC, UND would get great talent like Mark Callahan, and Phillip Moore to name a couple. Central football has been down in the dumps lately and hasn't shown much for talent. Hopefully it changes soon, its always great to cheer on local talent.

3 hours ago, nodakhoops said:

Renolds is a tackling machine. Always around the football. 

Mauch from Hankinson, Hankey from Park River and Jepson from Killeer are some others that I don't think have committed yet.

From a pretty credible source: Hankey is seriously considering playing baseball in college