SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

This conversation comes up nearly every time two teams go head to head on recruits. Why did they choose to play at one school vs the other. The team that "wins" a recruit puffs up their chest for a while, while the team that "loses" acts like what they have is better and is incredulous as to why a kid would ever choose another school over theirs. The truth is, these kids are making life decisions, not just football decisions. Especially at this level of football. Maybe UND has the program he plans to enter academically, maybe he liked the idea of building a program at UND vs sustaining a program at NDSU, maybe on his recruiting visit he met a cute co-ed and wants to see it through(these are 18-21 year old men after all). Point is, only JJ can say why he is at UND now and he doesn't have to justify it to anyone except himself. It's his life and he's a North Dakota kid, best of luck to him in his life, of which football may only be involved for another couple years.

There are definitely many reasons a kid decides where to go.  For the most part from what I've seen on our board when we lose a recruiting battle and a kid goes somewhere else, we are dissappointed........wish them well and hope we meet them on the field down the road.  For the most part it's usually not personally ripping on the kid.  From what I've heard about what people were saying on BV, that's not the case.  When somebody on BV that knew is family basically had to tell somebody to F off because of what they were saying about JJ, that's not cool.  

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

This conversation comes up nearly every time two teams go head to head on recruits. Why did they choose to play at one school vs the other. The team that "wins" a recruit puffs up their chest for a while, while the team that "loses" acts like what they have is better and is incredulous as to why a kid would ever choose another school over theirs. The truth is, these kids are making life decisions, not just football decisions. Especially at this level of football. Maybe UND has the program he plans to enter academically, maybe he liked the idea of building a program at UND vs sustaining a program at NDSU, maybe on his recruiting visit he met a cute co-ed and wants to see it through(these are 18-21 year old men after all). Point is, only JJ can say why he is at UND now and he doesn't have to justify it to anyone except himself. It's his life and he's a North Dakota kid, best of luck to him in his life, of which football may only be involved for another couple years.

I think the majority opinion here is that there are plenty of reasons a kid chooses a school and plenty of reasons a school might not be interested in a kid. The opinions that "we didn't want him, he wasn't good enough, they offered more, etc" are much more rampant in the "ville". 

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

We've offered Lakeville South OL (center/guard) Eric Rousemiller.  6'4" 305 lbs (hudl) or 6'3" 285 lbs (247).  Currently holds Gopher PWO.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/2836390/eric-rousemiller/videos

Big kid - national champion weightlifter, hard-worker and extremely coachable. I've seen him play both hoops and football since about 5th grade. He'd be a good fit for UND. Based on the last time I saw him, 305 lbs. is not a stretch. His older brother is throwing the hammer for Gopher track & field, so that may be a factor. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Either JJ or Greg eslinger would be the top recruited high school seniors out of ND. Wentz and kleinsasser ended up being very very good players but were not as highly recruited.   

Roger Maris turned down Oklahoma apparently.  

21 hours ago, Hambone said:

Sounds like McKinney will be coming in during the semester break.  This article, which is a good read, says he's signing on Wednesday, which I believe is when the mid-years can sign.

http://m.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Change-of-scenery-works-out-for-former-West-Brook-10790768.php

Wow, makes you think about when you say you are having a bad day/month, etc.  This kid has seen some really bad stuff, and came out of it on the right path!  Wish the best for him here at UND.

• Upvote 3

On 3/14/2016 at 6:31 PM, nodakhoops said:

These might be some names to watch in ND.

Tyrell Harris - Dickinson

Chase Teiken, Brandon Metz, Zac Willis  - West Fargo

Colton Cook - Minot

Hayden Reynolds- WF Shey

Dillan Jepson - Killdeer

Jackson Hankey - Park River

Wyatt Carr - Hazen

Calen Schwabe - Thompson

Jake Ihland - Richland

Cody Mauch - Hankinson

Hofer Twins - Larimore

13 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Are there any other ND kids out there that could join the 2017 recruiting class? PWO? Scholarship?

Nodakhoops usually has a good eye for athletic ND kids.  I quoted one of his posts above, but it's from March, so some could've fallen off and others certainly could've played their way into getting noticed this past season.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Nodakhoops usually has a good eye for athletic ND kids.  I quoted one of his posts above, but it's from March, so some could've fallen off and others certainly could've played their way into getting noticed this past season.

hese might be some names to watch in ND.

Tyrell Harris - Dickinson

Chase Teiken, Brandon Metz, Zac Willis  - West Fargo

Colton Cook - Minot

Hayden Reynolds- WF Shey

Dillan Jepson - Killdeer

Jackson Hankey - Park River

Wyatt Carr - Hazen

Calen Schwabe - Thompson

Jake Ihland - Richland

Cody Mauch - Hankinson

Hofer Twins - Larimore

I can't comment on a lot of the names, but Metz and Willis are NDSU commits, and I believe Colton Cook is walking on at SDSU.  The lineman to watch for in the class of 18 is Logan Krueger out of Minot.