SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

51 minutes ago, nodakhoops said:

I think we'll find room for him. Can tell the Bison didn't really want him though, there's only one thread with 40 plus pages dedicated to just him.

I am not saying NDSU didn't want him. I think he is needed more on both teams at a position other than RB though. He is obviously a talented athlete. There is obviously a reason he chose UND orver other schools. Maybe he liked the coaches better, maybe for a specific major, maybe he saw a better chance of seeing the field sooner one place over the other, we may never know and it really doesn't matter.

Just now, nd1sufan said:

I am not saying NDSU didn't want him. I think he is needed more on both teams at a position other than RB though. He is obviously a talented athlete. There is obviously a reason he chose UND orver other schools. Maybe he liked the coaches better, maybe for a specific major, maybe he saw a better chance of seeing the field sooner one place over the other, we may never know and it really doesn't matter.

Maybe he read the first 40+ pages of the Bisonville thread when he committed to MN and realized they're irrationally full of hate.  Like you said, there is obviously a reason.

• Upvote 1

Agree with what Bubba said at his closing press conference: QB, OL & DB are top needs. With that said, UND will continue to upgrade all positions. Johannesson is a perfect example of adding pure talent via a good kid. UND needs more of this for depth and Bubba will continue to do this. 

4 hours ago, nodakhoops said:

No way. RB is the best way to get Jon touches. We need to get him as many as possible. He is a RB and now that we have 4 really good ones We should be able to let Jon do both kick and punt returns and also use him for jet sweep. Everyone can drop the Santiago to WR talk. It makes zero sense. We now have 4 really talented RBs. Let's figure out how to get them touches. Great problem to have.

5 RBs.  Nevermann.

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

I haven't followed the recruiting pages for UND athletics, but do our fans turn into giant dbags like those on Bisonville do when we don't get a recruit?

That is a sad bunch over there.  Reading that thread......classy.  

9 minutes ago, homer said:

That is a sad bunch over there.  Reading that thread......classy.  

I read a few posts regarding JJ on Bisonville and then wished I hadn't.   It goes on for 47 pages and now most say they didn't want him because he committed to UND.

Some of the posts are kind of disturbing,  It is so bad that one poster who knows the family told the others to go F*$% themselves.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I read a few posts regarding JJ on Bisonville and then wished I hadn't.   It goes on for 47 pages and now most say they didn't want him because he committed to UND.

Some of the posts are kind of disturbing,  It is so bad that one poster who knows the family told the others to go F*$% themselves.

30-50 year olds talking about a 20 year old that they don't know.  Classy group.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I think we will find carries for him, whether that means we use Santiago more in the slot and on jet sweeps and getting him the ball in space instead of running him between the tackles or if we use JJ like NDSU uses Morlock

JJ = Morlock x [(2x)Talent] + speed 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, ericpnelson said:

I wondered the same thing considering we have 2 all conference rb's and a solid third option. It's just a curious fit. 

Don't get me wrong, psyched to have him

If he is willing to outplay Brady or John or Austin for playing time, that is awesome! Hope we see more of John at WR and a Brady/James backfield with some Austin mixed in.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

..........anyone remember Ryan Chappel?

JJ is a little taller. 35 lbs heavier. And as fast.

JJ is 6'1" and 230..........he has run a sub 11.00 second 100M. 

So he's .5 slower than Chappell over 100 m. He is very fast though. I remember seeing a tweet from when he was a tr FR UM saying he had the second fastest top speed reading on the team using some under Armour type device on every player.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

So he's .5 slower than Chappell over 100 m. He is very fast though. I remember seeing a tweet from when he was a tr FR UM saying he had the second fastest top speed reading on the team using some under Armour type device on every player.

Chappel 10.81

JJ 10.88

We'll agree to call it a wash.