SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Things can change once you hit the real world. If he's going to be a running back then you'd have to think Santiago would move to WR. If he plays LB then hopefully he can step in a contribute right away.

And in the "real world", our program needs to be able to score points and sustain drives better than we did in 2016 or we won't take the next step in the playoffs. The offense needs more athletes like this; only question is would Rudolph know how to use him to maximize his potential?

23 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

That's not why at all. I'm saying it's dumb because we have two all conference backs.

That's what I was told when he was coming out of high school. He grew up a UND fan and if he decided not to go FBS he'd go to UND. Not NDSU. Just what I was told. I'm sure it helps that UND is now a top 10 team. Also not buying that he's more afraid of the NDSU backfield than UND's. 

1 minute ago, bang said:

That's what I was told when he was coming out of high school. He grew up a UND fan and if he decided not to go FBS he'd go to UND. Not NDSU. Just what I was told. I'm sure it helps that UND is now a top 10 team. Also not buying that he's more afraid of the NDSU backfield than UND's. 

Nice. Good to know that there are still good parents and smart kids out there. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, homer said:

You get the point.  

It was a stupid comparison to take a backhanded shot at the OC.  

Welcome to UND JJ.  I heard he absolutely loves the school and the staff.  

just as stupid to run a double reverse when your trying to be known as a ground and pound run the ball down your throat type of team?

45 minutes ago, bang said:

It appears as a RB. That's quite a crowded backfield we'll have next year. Makes me wander if Santiago gets moved out of the backfield and back to WR. Where he initially started. He could be deadly in the slot if utilized correctly. Especially if we had a speed guy on the outside to stretch the field. 

I honestly think Santiago should move to WR. He is such a talent but more suited for open space. We all know the offense that Bubba wants UND to run is more suited for powerful backs like Oliveira and Johannesson. 

Go UND! 2017 gonna be fun! 

• Upvote 2

On 11/6/2016 at 9:50 PM, sioux24/7 said:

Noticed the UND FB Recruiting twitter follows JUCO QB Jared Olsgaard. Wonder what will happen there. Saw he retweeted some UND things. 

Anymore information on Olsgaard or any other JUCO QB's? This is one of the biggest needs for next years team. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I honestly think Santiago should move to WR. He is such a talent but more suited for open space. We all know the offense that Bubba wants UND to run is more suited for powerful backs like Oliveira and Johannesson. 

Go UND! 2017 gonna be fun! 

No way. RB is the best way to get Jon touches. We need to get him as many as possible. He is a RB and now that we have 4 really good ones We should be able to let Jon do both kick and punt returns and also use him for jet sweep. Everyone can drop the Santiago to WR talk. It makes zero sense. We now have 4 really talented RBs. Let's figure out how to get them touches. Great problem to have.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Santiago should be used like Percy Harvin. Put him all over the place and make it really hard on the D.  Get him in space in all sorts of ways and let him return punts. It could end up being the shot in the arm that the offense needed. Throw in the WR from Seattle and we could be in business. 

that would require rudy to get outside of his bubble and i don't think that is possible. but i totally agree with you with the percy comparison. USE HIM