SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2015 at 9:40 PM, Nodak78 said:

Is he faster with a better stiff arm.  just saying.  we have the real deal.  3 years of hell for the rest of the FCS.

Imagine having two Santiagos in the backfield at the same time! :ohmy: Studsrud wouldn't have to do anything but hand off to those guys.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Momster said:

I looked at that the 2016-2017 prospect lists in Wiki.  Where do the names come from and what is the level of interest of both the athletes and the coaches?

Players I list on Wiki are those listed on various recruiting websites which indicate specific colleges' interest in a prospect.  Also included are players invited to various UND camps/games plus area players who may have the talent to play at the DI level.   UND may be very interested in some of these players and have little interest in others.  Conversely, a player may have a great interest in UND or they may have no interest at all. 

Of course, once a scholarship offer is made, that confirms UND is very serious interest in a prospect.   

On Sunday, December 27, 2015 at 3:34 PM, UND Fan said:

Players I list on Wiki are those listed on various recruiting websites which indicate specific colleges' interest in a prospect.  Also included are players invited to various UND camps/games plus area players who may have the talent to play at the DI level.   UND may be very interested in some of these players and have little interest in others.  Conversely, a player may have a great interest in UND or they may have no interest at all.

Of course, once a scholarship offer is made, that confirms UND is very serious interest in a prospect.  

K I know several of these boys and I know a few of them have visited but wasn't sure if offers had been made or not.  Thanks

21 hours ago, UND Fan said:

You probably prefer not to elaborate any further?

Whoever your son may be, I hope he enjoys the recruiting process and ends up at a college where he can be very successful both academically and athletically.  

The process so far has been an odd thing.  Lots of coaching departures in these programs over the last two years since he's been going to camps.  As a kid, there is a ton of truth to targeting schools you are actually wanting to attend for the long haul vs just playing a sport for because a sport can end any time for any reason. I think the biggest surprise to the family so far and especially my son is how much these coaches come and go and what some of them will say and how much of it is reality (or not).  Just my personal opinion, some of the rules are more real now. Having just watched so much turn over in staffing that sometimes turns several times over in short duration makes it actually kind of odd they hold these kids to no transfer clauses so many times which stops them from moving on but they can move at the drop of a hat.  He's looking for a stable program, decent school, nice town, down to earth, pragmatic, no nonsense surroundings and staff.  UND was fantastic visit and he loved how down to earth and approachable the staff was.  Impressed how much research the coaches had done on the visitors. 

• Upvote 4

UND fits the description of what your son is hoping for. I went there for 7 years (I actually received 2 degrees :) )

Bubba and his staff are the real deal...

And they are here to stay.

It seems unfair that the coaches can leave but players are supposed to commit!

10 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

Well momster, I said all of my kids could go to UND, sports or no sports, and I would be happy.  I can not say enough good things about the school, community, or staff.  As a health care professional, I heard wonderful things about UND's medical and nursing programs. Every doctor or nurse who went to UND was EXCELLENT!  If your son goes to UND, he will get a great education and play for a great football team. I am sure you will be happy with his choice, good luck!  Those days in Feb. are extremely stressful  My son had offers from 3 schools and the LOWEST $$$ were from UND  ( they did add his academic $$$ and he got more).  The night before signing I asked him what his choice was.  He said a neighboring school which was giving him a full ride as a freshman. Then asked me my thoughts. I told him just one thing,  "Son, I know you do not want to hear this right now but forget football. You need to pick the school that will give you the best education for what you want to do for the rest of your life." His response was, "Mom, then it is UND."

Good Luck!

Your note is great!  The ride overall just exploring playing college football has just been more bumpy than I think he was expecting related to coaching turn overs over overhype and what seems like program drama so I think I am actually glad of the lesson he pulled out of watching it all and what his friends have experienced so far which is how important it is to go into it trying to choose the right school fit.  Sports and $ aside.  That isn't to say any sort of $ wouldn't influence the situation for him and probably any other kid with the economy the way it is but what good is a full scholarship if you are miserable and the school doesn't have the programs you want to support your education and career with for the rest of your life?

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2016 at 10:57 AM, LkvlleUNDFan said:

I know the whole FB team was encouraged to go to a recent men's basketball game. The guys decided to have some fun with it and came in Hawaiian shirts and brought a lot of energy. Love to see that!

I was at the basketball game last Saturday and it was jersey day for the football team.  Everything from Brazil soccer to Cal Ripkin Jr complete with baseball pants, eye black and a baseball glove.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...