SiouxSports.com Forum

@ Bradley Braves

bincitysioux

yeah we did everything we could to give them a chance....in the last minute, fouled them on a drive for a three point play opportunity, then let them get the rebound on the missed free throw.....then 5 seconds later foul a guy taking a three.  we're lucky he missed two of three.   and to top it off, we go 2 for 6 on free throws in the last minute.   why bernstine is out there in that type of end of game situation with a lead, I have no idea.

yeah we did everything we could to give them a chance....in the last minute, fouled them on a drive for a three point play opportunity, then let them get the rebound on the missed free throw.....then 5 seconds later foul a guy taking a three.  we're lucky he missed two of three.   and to top it off, we go 2 for 6 on free throws in the last minute.   why bernstine is out there in that type of end of game situation with a lead, I have no idea.

Because your other options are Cashman, Shanks, or Collins.  Frankly, I would have liked to see Collins out there in the game, he brings high energy too defensively.  And with the bigs in foul trouble, would have been useful if for only a few minutes. 

Nice to hear the team gutted it out and got a good road win, but from what I gather, UND will have to play a lot better to hang with NDSU on Friday.

Hope UND's play is worth the price of admission for the NDSU matchup; I have my doubts. 

I am not holding my breath.  If they can keep this defensive intensity up, great, but going to need better O.  Shouldn't be that difficult to get it

Because your other options are Cashman, Shanks, or Collins.  Frankly, I would have liked to see Collins out there in the game, he brings high energy too defensively.  And with the bigs in foul trouble, would have been useful if for only a few minutes. 

I would put in anyone that can shoot free throws better than Bernstine.  but as mentioned, a win is a win.  we started falling apart briefly around the 8 minute mark and were giving up some easy buckets as we fell behind by 10.   but kudos to the guys for recovering;  they picked up their intensity and got back to playing solid defense the rest of the way.

Some real ugly stretches of basketball, but nice to see team pull it off, especially after going down 10. Baldwin had a good game. Crandall has a lot of talent but needs to play more under control and not fall everywhere any time he takes a jump shot. Still lots of work that needs to be done, but at this point, any win is a good win, especially on the road.

• Upvote 1

I was only able to follow on Twitter until OT, but I pretty much wrote them off when I saw they were down ten.  Says alot about their character and mental makeup to dig out of that whole and end up getting the win.  Sounds like it was an ugly game from both teams, but the ability to come back was encouraging.