SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

10 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Here is the poll I submitted on AGS. I found this to be very difficult to do in the preseason. What do you all think:

1: North Dakota State Bison
2: Richmond Spiders
3: Sam Houston State Bearkats
4: Northern Iowa Panthers
5: Montana Grizzlies
6: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
7: Chattanooga Mocs
8: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
9: Charleston Southern Buccaneers
10: Northern Arizona Lumberjacks
11: James Madison Dukes
12: William & Mary Tribe
13: McNeese State Cowboys
14: The Citadel Bulldogs
15: Western Illinois Leathernecks
16: North Dakota Fighting Hawks
17: Portland State Vikings
18: Illinois State Redbirds
19: Colgate Raiders
20: North Carolina A&T Aggies
21: Harvard Crimson
22: Grambling State Tigers
23: Youngstown State Penguins
24: Eastern Washington Eagles
25: Eastern Illinois Panthers

UNDColorado 

The Most Significant Win: Southern Illinois Salukis
The Most Significant Loss: Western Illinois Leathernecks
Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Big Sky Conference

Griz too high? Tough to do an accurate poll till midseason though cause who really knows how good anyone is.

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Griz too high? Tough to do an accurate poll till midseason though cause who really knows how good anyone is.

I think they may be but they do have Gustafson coming back at QB so like you said, the season needs to start before this makes any sense.

Grady, so far has been a no show to campus and hasn't been in much contact with the coaches.  

Sioux insiders mentioned it today and I heard about from another couple guys last weekend. So, there must be some validity to this. If true that would really hurt.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, bang said:

Grady, so far has been a no show to campus and hasn't been in much contact with the coaches.  

Sioux insiders mentioned it today and I heard about from another couple guys last weekend. So, there must be some validity to this. If true that would really hurt.  

Hope this isn't true.

For now, I'll put my faith in the coaches that put him back on the roster. Can't imagine they would do that if there wasn't some sort of understanding in place, and if Grady were to flake out after being given a second chance, then it truly would be time to move on. Hope that is not that case though.

I was really hoping Grady was going to come back and be all in. If this is really the guy's attitude or motivation level, then I'd prefer to move forward without him (though I don't know the whole story here).

Seems like an awful waste of talent and potential for a kid who may have a tough few year in college with a kid, but could then afford to give his family a pretty comfortable life. Legit NFL potential, and football aside, a good education. Hard to understand for sure, but like I said I don't know the whole story either.

36 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

That lineman graduate transfer Knauf brought in is very important now.

Everything I've heard is that Coe is the real deal and will man the Center position nicely.  So need the guards and a right tackle to step up.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Everything I've heard is that Coe is the real deal and will man the Center position nicely.  So need the guards and a right tackle to step up.

Thanks Hambone.

Good to hear on Coe.

If I have this correct, right guard would be Demon Taylor and right tackle would be Matt Cox?

Games are won and lost up-front. I feel very comfortable with the defensive front; as for the offensive front, I am afraid there are still way too many questions for me to feel comfortable. Skill position players are finally in place, but will the offensive line be capable? I won't know until September 1st, and perhaps the coaches won't know until then as well. I do have faith that Coach Knauf will continue to develop that unit, but it is demoralizing knowing the offensive line could still perhaps be an issue in year #3 of Bubba ball. 

9 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Games are won and lost up-front. I feel very comfortable with the defensive front; as for the offensive front, I am afraid there are still way too many questions for me to feel comfortable. Skill position players are finally in place, but will the offensive line be capable? I won't know until September 1st, and perhaps the coaches won't know until then as well. I do have faith that Coach Knauf will continue to develop that unit, but it is demoralizing knowing the offensive line could still perhaps be an issue in year #3 of Bubba ball. 

Bubba has had some tough luck with OL guys that come in. Camy was no good. Slaight never showed. That Canadian never came in. Grady gets swallowed up by the rez. That's four guys he thought could hold down a tackle position that didn't work out. That's pretty rough. Luckily we have Cox who can play any position on the line and Luke's transfer guy sounds like the real deal. It's unfortunatly time to move on from Grady. We now must place him next to Ryan Chappell under what could have been.