SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

SFI mentioned in the most recent post about a potential FBS transfer at cornerback. Does anyone have any ideas who this could be, or where they could be transferring from? Tillman certainly worked out well, and JIS has quite a bit of potential.

20 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

SFI mentioned in the most recent post about a potential FBS transfer at cornerback. Does anyone have any ideas who this could be, or where they could be transferring from? Tillman certainly worked out well, and JIS has quite a bit of potential.

WR and OL need to be addressed as well. In all honesty, those two positions are more thin than corner.  Perfect scenario would be solid additions to all three spots:  CB, WR, OL.

8 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

That would be good news.  Und has to keep adding great depth behind the starters .....at every position.    Wr and qb is my worry.   The juco wr from California would be a great fit and and looks very explosive.  Qb is a mystery behind Keaton.   

That is cool to see, although I am a little surprised by it though just because we don't have total name recognition in the FCS yet.  Last year we made some good strides going 7-4 and most feel we got a bum rap on the playoff selection but usually preseason polls are based a lot on name recognition and what you've done the past few years. It is nice to see that we are getting noticed though, and I guess it means we won't 'sneak' up on anybody this year.  

59 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

That is cool to see, although I am a little surprised by it though just because we don't have total name recognition in the FCS yet.  Last year we made some good strides going 7-4 and most feel we got a bum rap on the playoff selection but usually preseason polls are based a lot on name recognition and what you've done the past few years. It is nice to see that we are getting noticed though, and I guess it means we won't 'sneak' up on anybody this year.  

Winning record (7-4) and a ton of returners will usually do it...

Hopefully hype leads to big Alerus Center crowds because it's certainly overdue. I suppose UND following up on the hype and just winning will be the largest factor in the attendance debate.

Go UND! Big things in 2016.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Winning record (7-4) and a ton of returners will usually do it...

Hopefully hype leads to big Alerus Center crowds because it's certainly overdue. I suppose UND following up on the hype and just winning will be the largest factor in the attendance debate.

Go UND! Big things in 2016.

An upset win over Bowling Green and a win at Stony Brook should have the Potato Bowl against USD packed.

ok, I'm really getting the itch for some football and since we are still a few months away, I AT LEAST need some football news. Would love to hear something this week regarding potential transfers or maybe a Grady update (though I don't think there will be an official word on this until closer to fall camp).

I know in the recruiting thread the name Nigel Bethel was tossed out there, which would be too good to be true, but once can hope. Even if that isn't the potential transfer, it would be nice to see some other names thrown out there.

Hopefully we can get some sort of news this week.

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

ok, I'm really getting the itch for some football and since we are still a few months away, I AT LEAST need some football news. Would love to hear something this week regarding potential transfers or maybe a Grady update (though I don't think there will be an official word on this until closer to fall camp).

I know in the recruiting thread the name Nigel Bethel was tossed out there, which would be too good to be true, but once can hope. Even if that isn't the potential transfer, it would be nice to see some other names thrown out there.

Hopefully we can get some sort of news this week.

You want a guy who hit a woman so hard he broke her jaw???

12 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

You want a guy who hit a woman so hard he broke her jaw???

speaking purely from a talent perspective. I'm more curious who the potential transfers are. I don't really get a say, one way or the other. So I'm just interested who may be coming in and really anxious for any football related news.