SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

So looking ahead, we lose one of the greatest LB's in school history who will be all but impossible to replace (at least with one guy) and the O-Line takes a hit with Meehan, Anderson and Boas all gone, but otherwise this team is built on Sophs and Freshmen.

Anyone wanna take a shot at a depth chart for next season? Which Redshirts do you think will step up next year? Obviously we could see some Freshmen play too, but I'm curious about the guys on the roster now.

So looking ahead, we lose one of the greatest LB's in school history who will be all but impossible to replace (at least with one guy) and the O-Line takes a hit with Meehan, Anderson and Boas all gone, but otherwise this team is built on Sophs and Freshmen.

Anyone wanna take a shot at a depth chart for next season? Which Redshirts do you think will step up next year? Obviously we could see some Freshmen play too, but I'm curious about the guys on the roster now.

Taj Rich will have a killer year!

There won't be a drop off, only improvement. This team is so young, I could see back-to-back Big Sky Conference championships starting next season.

• Upvote 1

My guess at the starting line up at Stoney Brook next year:

Offense:

Stockwell, Miller, Aplin, Cox, Grady, Fiedler, Seibel or Georges, Stanley

Studsrud

Coyne

Santiago

Defense:

Greely, Cielsak, Dranka

Labat, Rich, O'Brien, Disterhaupt

T. Carter, Reyes, Arnell, T. Harris

Although ratelle is irreplaceable, taj will be back and he an animal!!!  Love that guy!  When he went down, the entire defense wasn't as aggressive until the last couple games.  He's a difference maker.

The players that I could see being significant contributors next yr that did not play much or at all this yr and this is basing it off the practices I attended: 

tim dulin- wr.  Looks like the real deal. Was hoping they pulled his shirt this yr.

Demon taylor -ol.  He played sparingly but have like him since his true fresh yr.  

carl engwall- de.  He seems to carry a meanness to him.  

Mason bennet- olb/ de.  He's been injured majority of the time he's been here but his hudl tape shows the size and quickness that have me intrigued.  

There are not many holes to feel next yr as 10 starters return on d, 7 on offense and the kicker an punter are back.   Now were just adding depth!  

• Upvote 1

My guess at the starting line up at Stoney Brook next year:

Offense:

Stockwell, Miller, Aplin, Cox, Grady, Fiedler, Seibel or Georges, Stanley

Studsrud

Coyne

Santiago

Defense:

Greely, Cielsak, Dranka

Labat, Rich, O'Brien, Disterhaupt

T. Carter, Reyes, Arnell, T. Harris

Tank making the switch to DB :huh:;)

USD legend Joe Glenn announces his retirement following a drubbing at Illinois State.  We play USD first home game next year.  Hope this makes TE Cloyd's verbal more solid in that he might not want to de-commit for a program that will be in transition.

Edited by Teeder11

USD legend Joe Glenn announces his retirement following a drubbing at Illinois State.  We play UND first home game next year.  Hope this makes TE Cloyd's verbal more solid in that he might not want to de-commit for a program that will be in transition.

That will be a good game for us next year. I usually cheer for USD and hope they do well. I'm also usually a fan of competitive games but I hope we smash them next year to prove a point.

• Upvote 1

Although ratelle is irreplaceable, taj will be back and he an animal!!!  Love that guy!  When he went down, the entire defense wasn't as aggressive until the last couple games.  He's a difference maker.

The players that I could see being significant contributors next yr that did not play much or at all this yr and this is basing it off the practices I attended: 

tim dulin- wr.  Looks like the real deal. Was hoping they pulled his shirt this yr.

Demon taylor -ol.  He played sparingly but have like him since his true fresh yr.  

carl engwall- de.  He seems to carry a meanness to him.  

Mason bennet- olb/ de.  He's been injured majority of the time he's been here but his hudl tape shows the size and quickness that have me intrigued.  

There are not many holes to feel next yr as 10 starters return on d, 7 on offense and the kicker an punter are back.   Now were just adding depth!  

Thanks for this. I like to know which of the guys we already have could be impactful next year.

In a different post someone mentioned Gordon as a RB. Is that right? Love Demon's name for an OL.

USD legend Joe Glenn announces his retirement following a drubbing at Illinois State.  We play USD first home game next year.  Hope this makes TE Cloyd's verbal more solid in that he might not want to de-commit for a program that will be in transition.

I believe Cloyd picked up a SDSU offer after he verballed to UND. I'd be much more worried about SDSU in recruiting battles than USD. 

Incoming recruit evan holm will have a chance to be in the 2 deep conversation.  Unds biggest need is to secure a talented qb in this class, then cb and wr.  

Cloyd received an offer from sdsu after his verbal to und. 

Austin Gordon looks good but he will be at best 3rd string as und is very talented there. 

We are talking depth instead of replacing!   Und will be strong next yr. 

http://www.undsports.com/pdf9/4126506.pdf

Take a peak at the 2-deep from the Poly game... So many freshman & sophomores...

Not worried at all with defections this coming year... Maybe a few of the Juco's that haven't got too much playing time, or some that are buried on depth chart... but just don't see any of the core pieces leaving, being a majority of the kids are local/regional & fully invested in the program.  Hope I'm not wrong...

The future is bright!!! 

• Upvote 1

Good write up and agree with just above everything.  I would add the depth we will be creating will be very beneficial to our specialty teams coverage and returns.  the seconds and some thirds will be able to make some names for themselves on those teams and gain needed game experience.