Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Jonwiggle

Fighting Sioux Nickname Documentary

Recommended Posts

Claims production was completed July 22 on the his updates of the kickstarter, but zero updates in his two twitter pages since the fundraising goal was completed.

Gotta believe it was a scam ("Underestimated the costs. Don't have enough to proceed."?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Claims production was completed July 22 on the his updates of the kickstarter, but zero updates in his two twitter pages since the fundraising goal was completed.

Gotta believe it was a scam.

Those online fundraisers are always legit though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Those online fundraisers are always legit though. 

I wonder whatever happened to the Baudette lady facing felony theft charges for raising money on gofundme and never giving it to the victims families of the boaters lost on Lake of the Woods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cratter said:

I wonder whatever happened to the Baudette lady facing felony theft charges for raising money on gofundme and never giving it to the victims families of the boaters lost on Lake of the Woods.

She's in jail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

She's in jail.

That's what I'd assume , but haven't seen an article that shows the sentencing.

Edit: Finally found the ending to that story, she was sentenced to time served and was released with probation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For as dysfunctional as this now appears, maybe it's been changed from unauthorized, to an authorized story of the Fighting Sioux....and they're just waiting to hear back from Standing Rock. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know they had a recent article in the herald saying the film was done and showings for high backers would be in June. 

Anyone know the dates? Has anyone seen the film?

Just curious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine who is in the movie was invited to a screening a few weeks ago. They said it was good. (didn't say great). I think the goal is to enter it into film festivals - I hope they are able to rent a theater in Grand Forks and show it during homecoming week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4274131-film-about-unds-retired-fighting-sioux-nickname-nears-completion

most recent news I found.  Says it's going to be at film festivals in 2017, and then hopes to have it in local theaters in 2018.  

I don’t understand. If he would just release on iTunes there’d be more than a few who purchase to watch. He’s missing out. Why take so long?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

I don’t understand. If he would just release on iTunes there’d be more than a few who purchase to watch. He’s missing out. Why take so long?

I agree that makes way more sense.

.  Is he disillusioned enough to think someone at a film festival is going to see it and want to release it worldwide?  

:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×