SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Nickname Documentary

Jonwiggle

10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Claims production was completed July 22 on the his updates of the kickstarter, but zero updates in his two twitter pages since the fundraising goal was completed.

Gotta believe it was a scam.

Those online fundraisers are always legit though. 

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Those online fundraisers are always legit though. 

I wonder whatever happened to the Baudette lady facing felony theft charges for raising money on gofundme and never giving it to the victims families of the boaters lost on Lake of the Woods.

• 6 months later...

A friend of mine who is in the movie was invited to a screening a few weeks ago. They said it was good. (didn't say great). I think the goal is to enter it into film festivals - I hope they are able to rent a theater in Grand Forks and show it during homecoming week. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4274131-film-about-unds-retired-fighting-sioux-nickname-nears-completion

most recent news I found.  Says it's going to be at film festivals in 2017, and then hopes to have it in local theaters in 2018.  

I don’t understand. If he would just release on iTunes there’d be more than a few who purchase to watch. He’s missing out. Why take so long?

33 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

I don’t understand. If he would just release on iTunes there’d be more than a few who purchase to watch. He’s missing out. Why take so long?

I agree that makes way more sense.

.  Is he disillusioned enough to think someone at a film festival is going to see it and want to release it worldwide?  

:blink:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
14 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

If anyone bites the bullet and decides to watch in the next few days, I’d be interested in hearing a review. Thx. 

Me too.  $19.99 to rent $29.99 to buy on Vimeo, just to save y'all some mouse clicks.  

P.S. Wing has a movie theater?  Cool!