SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Youngstown State (Day #3 of FGCU Tourney)

SWSiouxMN

Jones on the hot seat?

Better be at least warm.

I said it before, don't care what the media and coaches pick us. If we aren't in top 4 regular season and/or semi-finals of conference tournament it is time to make a move. it is part of the job of running a program to coordinate your recruiting so you aren't in panic mode every 2-3 years.

I've been one to say wait and see what he does with the young guys, while saying this should be the season that determines what happens with his position. After watching the game this evening, I am quite worried about this team this year.  I saw too many issues on the floor that should not have been there.  He needs to be coaching for his job, and I don't know if he is aware of that. 

• Upvote 1

After driving many hours to see today's game in person, I left with a sick feeling in my stomach.  I just don't see that this group of young players will receive the coaching necessary to get the most out our of their considerable talent and become a great team (this year or in the future).  Sideline demeanor, lack of adjustments during a game, lack of ability to stop opponents "runs", etc. - the same issues that have haunted us the last few years!

There really are some talented, young kids on this team (although we still really need a much stronger presence at the 4 & 5).  My concern is that this talent will provide us with a reasonably good record and the coaching situation will not be addressed.

Edited by UND Fan
  • Upvote 1