SiouxSports.com Forum

"Husky Women"

KirkEisenbeis

It's (past) time to end the "Husky women" chant at SCSU games. I'll admit, it is a clever play on words invoking the enemy's nickname, but that's where any intelligence ends. Bringing women's looks into things is (rightfully) headed way out of style and it's wrong for the society we claim to live in. As men, we can do better.

Your integrity is reflected when you do or don't participate. Even if you don't refrain for the SCSU-fan women and young girls, do it for your sisters standing next to you, who hear your message loud and clear.

BACKGROUND
"Husky women!" has been chanted by some UND fans for at least 15 years, largely at the SCSU cheer/dance team.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

It's (past) time to end the "Husky women" chant at SCSU games. I'll admit, it is a clever play on words invoking the enemy's nickname, but that's where any intelligence ends. Bringing women's looks into things is (rightfully) headed way out of style and it's wrong for the society we claim to live in. As men, we can do better.

Your integrity is reflected when you do or don't participate. Even if you don't refrain for the SCSU-fan women and young girls, do it for your sisters standing next to you, who hear your message loud and clear.

BACKGROUND
"Husky women!" has been chanted by some UND fans for at least 15 years, largely at the SCSU cheer/dance team.

Bee doe! Bee doe! Bee doe! PC Police! Hand over your fun! Someone is desperately offended by these heinous assaults. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

Ever since attending an NCAA tournament game in Madison where the crowd in front of us chanted "F-you old people" to try and get us (seated behind them) to stop chanting "Let's Go Sioux", I have taken up a new view of college hockey fan chanting.  I am ready to return to "Who's she?  She sucks $#!t."  Intimidating chants are just part of the college game.   

I do not, however, tolerate the drunken sot wearing ANY teams colors who can't allow others to enjoy the game.  Toss that idiot out on his ear.   

I remember  the 1st Final 5 I went to at Excell center  & the St Clown cheerleaders were exceptional in all ways

To say the least I was impressed but I may have been looking thru beer goggles :blink:

Yes. There were a couple seasons where their squad was outstanding and then a couple seasons where it was like WTF happened? Look pretty solid now though.:love:

Edited by petey23

BACKGROUND

I have only heard this cheer at the Ralph. As far as I remember the SCSU cheer team has never been at the Ralph. I believe it has been directed at their team but that is just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Does this offend female SCSU fans, or does it offend you?  

Also, I'm offended that you believe that SCSU women can't stand up for themselves.  I believe that all people are created equal and SCSU women are equally able to defend themselves in this matter.  You need to stop being anti-women's rights.

• Upvote 4

Does this offend female SCSU fans, or does it offend you?  

Also, I'm offended that you believe that SCSU women can't stand up for themselves.  I believe that all people are created equal and SCSU women are equally able to defend themselves in this matter.  You need to stop being anti-women's rights.

Sounds familiar...nickname!