SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

I know this will surprise a lot of people here, but i'm just glad we're not the Roughriders!   Whew!   :p

Now that 98.6% of us have seen our preferred choice(s) lose, I hope everyone can get past their original preferences, and get behind the Fighting Hawks.  

It will be up to the fans to own this nickname and make it successful. 

Let's Go UND Fighting Hawks!

100% agree!

Well at least we have come to expect the new Fighting Hawks logo to look more like this:

IvallHawksLogo.png

Instead of this:

image53_3.gif

But I also expect UND to screw that up too.

If you believe the new logo will look anything like the "Maplesoft" ... here's a Doobie for you. 

• Upvote 1

FightingHawkSports.com?  HawkSports.com?  FightingHawkSportsProudlyPresentedbyJimDahl.com?  

Yeah, I'll have to get to work on that. All the particularly obvious domain names were taken by UND and speculators long ago, but there are lots of possibilities.

Even if we don't switch for a while, we should collect some ideas now so we can actually reserve the names. See my new name for this site thread.

I think we just have to replace "Let's Go Sioux!" with "Let's Go F'hawks!".    And then if we really get lazy with it, the administration might decide it's not such a good nickname after all.

Oh, and for the Harry Potter fans out there, maybe our logo should be a phoenix?   :)

Student section: The F'Hawk-ers.  Let's get F'Hawking loud!  F'Hawk the Bison!  Don't F'Hawk with us.  

I'm warming to this.  

96.1 the F'Hawks.  Your home of UND Hockey.  

Edited by Shawn-O
  • Upvote 4

Ausmus didn't exactly give a ringing endorsement of the new name in the press interview this morning (posted on the GF Herald).

Glad I don't have a camera in my face asking me about the new nickname.    To me, it didn't look like he wanted to answer the question.

Edited by UND1981
missed word

A few opponents' fans have actually said on twitter that they'll now call us 'the angry birds', so that logo is fitting.

I dare them to go into the Fro-Hawks* and say that.  

*the most fanatical of the student section, most commonly seen wearing curly neon green wigs.  

The possibilities are endless.