SiouxSports.com Forum

Announcement at 10 am TODAY

choyt3

The odds of a bad process producing a good result are almost nil, and pure dumb luck when it happens. This is about as generic vanilla ice milk as you can get. Sure, over time people will move on and the resentment of the NCAA and the disgust over this whole process will fade, but in the end the University will still be stuck with a nickname that neither offends nor inspires anyone.

Seriously though, I think it will take at least 25 years, if ever, for people to accept your new nickname.  You might as well go right back to the drawing board and come up with something else in a few years because Hawks sucks as a nickname.  Consider this process you went through a trial run.  The next time everybody knows the stakes and not to mess around.

I know it's been said but I want to say it again - UND spent tens of thousands of dollars on an outside consultant and we got "Fighting Hawks" out of it. I want to see a t-shirt that says "My Alma Mater spent $50,000 on a new nickname and all I got was Fighting Hawks". 

• Upvote 1

It is a fact that hawks exhibit the biological phenomenon known as sexual dimorphism, meaning that the male and female are distinctly different.  The female hawk is larger and more aggressive than the male, and is more prone to attack.  I will honor this new mascot as a Fighter, and I will (personal choice, mind you) call her Sue.  In the Lakota Sioux tongue she is known as Cetanwakuwa, or "attacking hawk".  I will support her, and the team she represents.  I welcome fans who likewise feel the same to cheer with me.

FIGHT ON FIGHTING SUE!!!

• Upvote 1