SiouxSports.com Forum

Announcement at 10 am TODAY

choyt3

Apparently the people have spoken.  Voting turnout up again (almost 1K more). 

A home playoff football game next weekend would go a long way in showing why this process was worth it.

Time to move onward and upward and focus energy and resources on positive things. What the athletic teams are called is of little consequence to the support most have for the University of North Dakota.

• Upvote 1

Congratulations to UND on being the 39th school in the NCAA to have a derivative of “Hawks” as team nickname. Talk about “unique to the University and the state of North Dakota”. I would expect that “Fighting” will be dropped from the name before it is adopted.

ND was the 39th state of the USA. So there’s that.

• Upvote 3

That was the biggest Gong Show I have ever witness  Dancing around each other like no one has a clue.  Goodbye President...don't let the door hit you in the ass!!!  You will go down as the worst in UND history!!!

Please take Dip$*&t Faison with you!!!!

HOW EMBARRASSING!!!  All this time for that name!   Now we have 29 colleges with Hawks in the name....wow nice work!!!

FIGHTING SIOUX FOREVER!!!!!

Edited by 747Guy

I love how so many seem to think that some original name was going to be announced today after knowing for several weeks what the two possible results would be. If it would have been the other way, I am sure we would have been seeing much the same comments from the FH crowd, lamenting how unoriginal it is to have the same nickname as a high school in Grand Forks -- again, after knowing for several weeks what the two results might be. The fiened incredulity is a bit nauseating. I guess this is just the pissing and moaning stage.

Edited by Teeder11
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Seriously though, you guys going to riot today.  At least one couch has to burn in the streets of Grand Forks over this.  Or have you all just given up?

Given up.... we have known for months that we were going to end up with a crappy nickname no matter what was selected.  The only glimmer of hope that i have is that it wasn't Sundogs... I see nothing positive, original, unifying, North Dakota-esque, or intimidating about this new name.

Seriously though, you guys going to riot today.  At least one couch has to burn in the streets of Grand Forks over this.  Or have you all just given up?

It's a lot tougher to burn couches these days. All those damn flammability rules regarding furniture don't take into account moments of passion and high emotion. You try lighting one of those new suckers in a 35 mph wind.

Edited by ericpnelson
  • Upvote 1

Guess we'll just save our pent up frustration until next fall on Sept. 17 and take it out on someone at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks. ;)

Edited by Teeder11

I love how so many seem to think that some original name was going to be announced today after knowing for several weeks what the two possible results would be. If it would have been the other way, I am sure we would have been seeing much the same comments from the FH crowd, lamenting how unoriginal it is to have the same nickname as a high school in Grand Forks -- again, after knowing for several weeks what the two results might be. The fiened incredulity is a bit nauseating. I guess this is just the pissing and moaning stage.

This site has been very pro RR so the venting is understandable IMHO!