SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Wisconsin

sioux24/7

Why do we drive to the net EVERY POSSESSION!?

Because Jones doesn't have an offensive system. As "gfhockey" says, they just go out and play freestyle. 

Also, the absolute chaos that is UND's paint defense is pathetic to watch. No attempt to block anyone out or secure the boards. They just play volleyball and tap it to the other team.

I would love to say that this is just a result of UND playing a better team, but Wisconsin is young and not a juggernaut as indicated by their loss to Western Illinois.

Furthermore, and probably most importantly, Jones' teams have always had problems with offensive rhythm and defensive rebounding, so I expect this trend to continue. 

• Upvote 1

drick and geno looked good...avants looked like a guy they found at the hotel and asked on a dare to play...shanks still soft and crap...this team will get better but the fundamentals are what are shockinly missing.

This is what is so discouraging. Jones' teams don't have fundamentals. If the Huff, Anderson, Webb, etc. group would have had fundamentals to go along with their talent, they would have won the Big Sky Conference their senior season. Same goes for this current young group; I'm sure they'll improve, but they'll never learn enough from Jones to where they can be the best in the petty Big Sky Conference. Real disappointing. 

We lost by 14 to Wisconsin, which isn't too bad (last year they lost to 2 power teams by more than 30 points). Lets just hope maturity kicks in and the bugs of playing a "real" opponent gets out and we can compete against teams not in the Big 10. A lot of work to do, and heat is on Jones' seat but if we can get a big win (UNI) maybe this team can gain some confidence or its going to be a long season. 

We lost by 14 to Wisconsin, which isn't too bad (last year they lost to 2 power teams by more than 30 points). Lets just hope maturity kicks in and the bugs of playing a "real" opponent gets out and we can compete against teams not in the Big 10. A lot of work to do, and heat is on Jones' seat but if we can get a big win (UNI) maybe this team can gain some confidence or its going to be a long season. 

They were down by 25 late in the game until UW lost interest. It was not a 14 point game. Going into the season I thought perhaps UND's talent may be too much for NDSU to overcome when they play, but I'm not too worried after watching tonight. I would give UND 10 points for the home court, but Richman vs Jones in coaching may be worth 20 for NDSU, so I see about a 10 point NDSU win.

• Upvote 2

They were down by 25 late in the game until UW lost interest. It was not a 14 point game. Going into the season I thought perhaps UND's talent may be too much for NDSU to overcome when they play, but I'm not too worried after watching tonight. I would give UND 10 points for the home court, but Richman vs Jones in coaching may be worth 20 for NDSU, so I see about a 10 point NDSU win.

Thats nice since the 2 teams don't play til December 11th. A lot can change for either team. UND has played 1 game vs DI opponents while NDSU has played 2. Both teams have 6 games between now and Dec. 11th, after your game on Dec 6th lets see where both teams lie with more games under their belt.